1) Fight Back

Luna-

Another day, another fight. And more bruises.

That is how Luna's life is. No matter what she does, she always ends up getting hurt. Why is she getting bullied? Well, because her appearance freaks people out.

Her eyes are cobalt blue; when the light reflects on them, they tend to look violet, and worse, Luna's hair is black, raven black. And she's pale as fuck. Pale like a sheet of paper, pale like snow. Or perhaps it's the pendant; when eyes lay upon the dark obsidian stone, everyone freaks out. They say it's like seeing into the pits of hell. If she could, she would remove it and keep it in her jewelry box. But she can't, it's stuck. There is magic that's holding it around her neck. She had it since she was a baby.

As a baby, she always tried to pull it off and sometimes ended up with bruises from lying on it. Nowadays, the pendant doesn't bother her.

Still, people hate her. Then again, she dresses in all black. Dark colors attract her; on occasion, for her family's sake, she dresses in colorful clothes. Only when there are important events. Her family does say not to worry and dress however she wants. But she doesn't want to embarrass them or make them look bad.

As the adopted child, she can't let her family down. Adopted that is right, she's adopted. Her parents won't tell her how she came into their lives. Her birth and adoption are a mystery.

Sighing, she stares at the sketchbook. She started to sketch a wolf. She wasn't sure why, but this wolf always comforted her—a white wolf with crystal blue eyes.

She closes her eyes for a moment. Sometimes, Luna wishes she could disappear without worrying about anything. She wants to run away, but that would be cowardly. Running away from her problems won't solve anything.

Being a 15-year-old teenager and a sophomore and no friends sucks. Her brother and sister don't count. Everyone in her school thinks she's shy and a freak. But they are so wrong. Sometimes, she pretends to be stupid to please her bully.

Why?

Because it's easier, if one acts bright and talks back, the bully will slap her harder. And they don't care that her brother is the alpha. Or that her sister works at the school as vice principal.

So yeah, here she is at Shadow High School, sitting under a tree, eating her lunch. Luna doesn't eat in the cafeteria; all the weird looks tend to ruin her appetite. It's best to keep her distance.

Luna looked back at her sketchbook and added shading to her drawing. Sketching helps her escape reality.

She sketched until the bell rang. Gathering her things, she threw away the paper tray and headed to health class. It wasn't her favorite class, she does but there are some people she would rather not see. But she can't have it her way.

She entered the classroom and sat down in the back corner as always. Back seats are the best, less attention to herself. Then, they arrive, Sarah and her minions. Sarah is her bully, always finding ways to torment her. Sarah looked at her glaringly. The teacher, Mrs. Brown, entered and told the class to sit.

The lesson began; it seemed like forever until the bell rang. Luna quickly put away her things and rushed out. She was trying to avoid Sarah and her group. Thankfully, that was the only class she had with them.

The rest of the day quickly passed, and it was time to go home. She packed up and headed out. The clan's house wasn't that far, only about 20 minutes. But anything can happen in 20 minutes. She must not waste time. Sometimes, Lilly or Saito would pick her up when they had time. Saito is 24, and Lilly is 18.

She should've called her brother or Lilly. The moment she walked past the park, it was over. Hands grabbed her backpack and hair. She got dragged deep into the woods. Not again.