4) New Student

Luna-

Luna woke up with a startle. What the hell was that?!

She stumbled out of bed and ran into her bathroom. Turning the lights on, she almost let out a scream. She covers her mouth, stifling the scream. Her eyes, her eyes were red. No. She's imagining it. She closes her eyes, counting to a hundred.

It's just her imagination. It's not real. She's exhausted and restless.

And that dream, even though it felt so real, it was nothing but a nightmare. But why was Demetrius in it? Why did she have white hair and violet eyes? Why did Luna suddenly turn into a demon? She opened her eyes, and they were once again cobalt blue. Luna drops her hands to her belly and fists the shirt. Why was she pregnant in her dream?

What does it all mean?

She turns the cold water on and splashes her face. The coldness was only numbing her. She switched to hot water. The hot water stung her face; the sting and burning sensation helped her bring her back to reality. She looked back at the mirror; her face was red. She turned the faucet off and dried her face. What a horrible nightmare.

She opened the water bottle and drank the cold water. It's still night; she will try and sleep. She climbed back into bed and attempted to sleep.

On Sunday, she couldn't even enjoy her day off. She couldn't stop thinking about the dream. She sketched out the scenarios. It wasn't delightful since, in the sketch, she was naked, and she sat on top of Demetrius, who was also nude. When she had finished drawing out her dream and writing a description, she hid the sketchpad under a loose floorboard. It's where she hides her treasures. Small trinkets she had found, or someone gifted her.

Even though sketching helped her out, she was restless all night long. Luna didn't get much sleep. The dream kept invading her. Now it's Monday morning; she woke up and decided to wear black shorts, a plain black shirt, fishnet stockings, black combat boots with little chains dangling on the sides, and an oversized black zipper hoodie. She only zips it halfway.

She did the occasional black choker and miniature dagger earrings, studded wrist cuffs, and a purple checker belt. She wanted to stand out today. She wasn't sure why, but she did.

Aside from that, she left her hair down and added black eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara to hide her zombie-looking face. The lack of sleep is probably still visible. Those dark circles under her eyes completed her look. She looks like a gloomy girl. All the color drained from her persona. She tinted her lips a dark purple color.

Saito and Lilly said nothing as they dropped her off at school. They knew when not to ask.

At school, she met up with Dale. "Might I say you look like shit?"

"Dale, thank you for the compliment," she gave him a half smile. He all but laughed at her.

Dale, her only friend, isn't judging her or asking questions.

"So, Dale, how does it feel to be Beta?" she asked. She hasn't officially asked him about it. He must be busy now. Does he even have time to be a teenager?

"To be honest," Dale rubs the back of his neck. That's a sign of nervousness. "It is tiring; I had a meeting yesterday. Nothing but talk about the new residences. I am thankful Daniel is doing most of the paperwork. It's hard, and I'm not too fond of it. But I am Beta; I must endure it."

She feels for him.

Lost in her thoughts, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings and bumped into a hard wall. The wall moved and grunted. She plasters her hands against the wall.