5) Unlucky Day

Luna-

Luna bangs her head against her desk; she's in her room, remembering today's events. It seems the world was against her today. Everything went wrong. Everything! She should've known the moment she woke up with bad hair that her day was going to be shit.

So this morning, when Luna woke up to get ready for school. She first noticed her wild hair; she brushed it, and it fuzzed up. Eventually, Luna decided to braid it, and it kept the hair clean and away from her face. And then, after coming out of the bathroom, she bumped her pinky toe on the corn of the bed, that hurt like a bitch. And then Luna couldn't find her shoes. She didn't know what to wear. She wore a knitted long-sleeve off-the-shoulder dress. The dress hugs her body and reaches her mid-thighs. She wore black tights and winter fuzzy boots with dangling little fur balls. She threw in her coat. No makeup. But she added tinted berry chapstick.

She then went downstairs to the kitchen to fix herself some toast. She punched Saito, and blood gushed from his nose. She didn't mean to; it was an accident. And then her toast burned. Turn to a crisp. Blacken like a piece of charcoal.

She had to get breakfast at school. She hated breakfast at school because of Sarah. But now it won't be so bad. She got to school and got herself waffle sticks coated in powdered sugar and dipped them in maple syrup. She got a side of fresh strawberries and orange juice. Her breakfast was delicious. Aside from getting maple syrup on her hair. Great. She had to go and wash it off, which led to getting the cuff of her sleeves wet.

What else could go wrong?

She had to jinx it.

Later that day, she was opening her locker, and it got stuck. The more she tugged, the more stuck it got. Frustration kicks in, and she places her feet on the bottom locker and pulls. How could it be stuck? Did someone prank her and clue it shut? It was Sarah; it had to be her.

She knew she was making a mockery of herself. At this point, she didn't care.

She heard a pop and smack as the locker flew open. She fell on her arse and huff. Glancing up, she gasps. Demitri was there, holding, covering his face. Is that what she heard?

She got up and checked his handsome face. "I'm so sorry," she said. Thankfully, it wasn't bleeding, but his eyes were slightly red. She caresses his cheek to calm him down. Once his eyes had returned to their beautiful green, she stepped away.

"That is the first time someone smacked me with a locker door," he chuckled. Luna felt so embarrassed. She looked at the locker; indeed, someone had glued it shut. She turns around glaring, and her classmates jump at her sudden anger.

All this time, she's been paying the innocent and shy girl. She's getting tired of it. They are lucky Dale isn't here. He is busy with Beta's work. So, she is stuck with her soulmate all day. Yay! Hence the sarcasm.

But she is happy; alone time with him is excellent. She should start asking him questions.

"So, how are you not caught yet?" She asked him. She put away her book bag and grabbed what she needed.

"Calm, little minx," he grinned. "I'll tell you later, maybe during the weekend?"

A date?

She smiled. "Okay."

Classes today were boring. But in Luna's third hour, the teacher had them working with partners. Demitri is her partner. And his patience is limited.

"This doesn't make any sense," he complained for the fourth time. "I hate math."

"It's not; you are just impatient here; divide them by three," she had to teach him. But he got it on the first try; why is he playing dumb?

He groaned and continued to work on the math problems.