6) The Kiss

Demetrius-

It's finally the weekend. This whole week has been exhausting. School is not for him, but he enjoys it because he sees Luna daily.

And today, he and Luna are going on a date.

He had the crazy idea of going to her house and waking her up at five in the morning. It took some convincing; Saito was not an easy guy to talk to. But at last, Demitri managed to convince him only if he left the door open.

He went upstairs to Luna's bedroom. It wasn't hard to spot; it was the only door with her name in bold droopy letters and the door covered in drawings and stickers. He opened the door and stepped inside. He left it open as promised.

If only Saito knew he let a vampire inside—that idiot.

He walked up to the bed, and Luna huddled under the comforter. She was sleeping so soundly; he didn't want to wake her. But it's time to get up, he leaned closer and whispered. "Luna, wake up." Luna pulled the comforter closer; she was wrapping herself. He tugged on her ear, and she smacked his hand.

He pulled the blankets off and threw them on the floor. Luna shivers. "It's cold, go away." She felt around until her hand reached his pants.

"Naughty girl."

She opens her eyes, and her eyes widen. She moves her hand away. She looks around. "No." She grabbed another blanket. "Go away."

He had no choice but to be a little violent. He pushed Luna off the bed. She landed on the wooden floor with a soft thud. She stood up quickly. "Cold." She glared. "Why did you do that?" Luna whined.

"You didn't want to get up," he smirked. "Now hurry up, we have a date. Go on, I'll wait." She glared and hurried into the bathroom.

An hour later, she was ready to go. She wore a snuggly dark purple dress that hugged her curves. She had on thick tights and knee-length winter boots. The hoodie was oversized. Perfect to keep her warm.

By the time they left, the sun had risen, giving the snow a beautiful glittery glow. It had snow last night.

"I have so many questions," she huffed, rubbing her hands together. She wore dark purple gloves, a snow hat, and a black scarf.  "How did you get in the house? And why so early?"

"Easy," he said. "Your brother let me in, and why not start the day early?"

"Oh, I forgot my brother was getting up early today," she smiled. "He went to pick my parents up at the airport. I can't stay out long."

"I know," that is another promise. Demitri promises Saito to bring her home early. "First thing first, I'll show you where I live."

He wants her to know, just in case.

"Okay."

The walk to the cabin was a bit far. The cabin itself is near the border. And it's barely noticeable. No one goes this deep into the woods.

Once they came into the clearing, Luna stopped. She gawks at the cabin and the surrounding woods. "Wow, I didn't know this was here. How far did we walk?"

"It's like a forty-minute walk, or more, depending on the weather," he smiled. "Anyways, this is my home; I live here with my friend Snow." He leads her to the front porch. "I'll tell you how I camouflage myself."

He pushes open the door. Is Snow not home?

"Come in."

She entered and smiled. Demitri loves the smile. "It's so cozy, warm, like a vacation home." She removes her hoodie, gloves, hat, and scarf. "Much better."