9) Upsetting

Demetrius-

Demitri was lying on the bed when he felt an odd sensation. It's like his heart was getting stabbed. He sat up and rubbed his chest. Luna. She came into his mind.

'Help!' That was Senna. 'It's Luna!'

When Senna told him Luna was in danger, he bolted out of the bed and rushed out of the cabin.

But he didn't get to her fast enough; Senna did. Senna gave him directions. But he didn't need them; he could smell Luna's blood. The moment Demitri arrived, he knew it was terrible. Demitri's blood boiled.

Luna, his beautiful soulmate, lay in the mud, bleeding out. Her hair was matted, and she looked pale. Too pale.

But her blood. Her blood is driving Demitri insane. His fang slid out of his gums. His mouth waters Luna's blood, and it smells so good. He wants to take a sip of her blood one drop. But he can't. He needs to control himself. Now is not the time to lose control. Luna needs him.

"Carefully pick her up," Senna said. "You can do it; I know you can control your thirst. I'll let you drink from me. For now, help Luna."

He shook his head and knelt. He carefully lifted Luna into his arms. He stood, Luna stirred, but she didn't wake up.

He and Senna went back to the cabin, taking it slow. He can't rush it. Luna was bleeding out, and Senna had placed her sweater against the wound. What the hell happened?

He could only think of one person that would harm Luna. Sarah. That damn bitch she's going to regret it.

Once he and Senna reached the cabin, Senna held the door open as he carried Luna down the hall to Senna's bedroom. Luna whimpered; he felt her pain. That pinching in his heart, it's because she's in pain. He leans down and nuzzles her hair.

"It's going to be all right," he kissed her head.

He felt angry once again. He felt so angry. He wants to kill Sarah. He needs to game someone. This rage, he needs to let it out.

"Demitri," Senna grips his shoulder. "Swallow your anger, Luna needs our help."

He inhales and exhales. "Okay, tell me what to do."

Demitri listened to Senna and followed her instructions. He gathered the aid kit and a bowl of warm water with clean face towels.

He went back and found Senna undressing Luna. He set everything on the side table, all while watching. Of course, Senna saw him and sent him away. He stepped outside and waited.

He waited outside. He felt his fangs itch. He is craving blood. And he wants to kill Sarah. He is itching to get his hands on her and teach her a lesson she won't forget.

He rolls his neck. Demitri isn't playing nice anymore. He didn't want to reveal himself. He was starting to become comfortable with this place. He enjoyed his days at the school. He befriended a wolf, Dale. Dale is a good guy. Of course, he's the Beta, and Demitri feels for the guy. Being Beta at such a young age must not be easy. The guy always looks exhausted.

Demitri felt his anger reaching a peak. If he doesn't do something about it, he will hurt anyone who gets close to him. And he doesn't want to target the wrong person.

He went to the kitchen; he needed a drink even though he wouldn't get drunk. He opens the alcohol cabinet and grabs the most potent liquor. He poured some into a coffee cup and drank it like water. Even though he can't get drunk, the burning sensation helps.

He stares out the window; it's starting to snow. He grips the coffee cup, and it shatters in his hand. A piece of ceramic stuck out of his palm. He pulled it out, and the wound healed.