14) Late Night

Luna-

When Luna woke up, she was herself again. There were no horns, no tail, and no red eyes. She would've told herself it was nothing but a dream. But she knew it was real. She was relieved. But now she has to be careful. If she ever feels any strange pain, she will have to find a safe place to hide.

She decided to stay home and do nothing. It's best to avoid going in public. She sat in the living room watching TV and eating popcorn. She yawned. She didn't sleep well.

Dale enters the living room. "Wow, you look like a zombie. Did you not sleep at all?"

She huffs. "You look like a shit too." Dale had dark circles under his eyes.

He laughed. "Yes, I suppose I do look like shit. It's not my fault; being a Beta is harder than I thought."

He sat next to her and stole some popcorn. They both sat there watching TV.

"I was surprised," Dale said. "To find out Demitri is your soulmate. He used to joke about it; I guess he wasn't joking. I'm happy for you. Demitri is a good guy." If only Dale knew Demitri was a vampire. If he knew, would Dale still call Demitri a friend? One can't judge a book by its cover.

Demitri has been nothing but kind to Dale. It would be sad if Dale rejected Demitri. She hopes that doesn't happen.

"Why aren't you with him?" Dale asked. "Instead of being cooped up here looking like a dead fish, why aren't you hanging out with your boyfriend?"

She gasped. "Did you just compare me to a dead fish?"

Dale grinned.

She jumps him, and the bowl of popcorn falls to the floor. Popcorn scatter all over. She tried to tickle Dale. But he didn't let her. Instead, he flips them over and tickles her.

She laughed and tried to crawl away. It felt nice to laugh.

"What the hell?"

Dale stopped his attacks and looked up. She tilts her head back. Demitri stood other, looking down at them; this probably didn't look pleasant.

Dale got off and helped her up.

"Should I be jealous?" Demitri asked.

"Nope," Luna smiled. "Dale is my friend. We were only playing." She went to get the broom from the hallway closet. "Don't worry, Demitri, you are my only boyfriend." She came back and swept up the popcorn. Dale helped her. Demitri just stood there watching them. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm bored," he said. "So I came to get you; we are going out. So hurry up and get ready. By the way, you look like a dead fish, right Dale?"

He and Demitri nodded.

She hit them with the broom. "Here, clean this up so I can get ready to stop looking like a dead fish." She stomps away.

Both Dale and Demitri started to laugh.

It took an hour to get ready. Luna took her own sweet time on purpose. And also, she needed to ensure she wouldn't go all demonic. Angel was back and said she was asleep; she said the pendant was causing the sleep spells. Luna needs to find a way to remove it.

She went downstairs. Dale and Demitri were conversing deeply about the situation with the wolves near the north border.

"I'm ready," she smiled.

Dale whistle. "You clean up well." She smiled. "Well, have fun, you two, and wish me luck." He was looking at his phone. "I have a meeting."

Luna felt terrible for Dale. She hopes the issues with the wolves get resolved. Dale needs a long rest.