17) Long Winter

Demetrius-

Demitri was furious; he almost lost control and exposed himself. Right now, Luna needed him. He can't go exposing himself. Demitri was chasing after Senna's father. But he couldn't catch him. He could've, but the pain he felt was wearing him down. This pain is his heart aching because Luna is hurting.

He went back, and Saito was arguing with Senna. Saito wanted to take Luna and take her back to the clan. But this is too dangerous. She's injured. They can't move her.

In the end, Senna used her wolf to get Saito to listen. And by doing so, she revealed that she's Luna's mother.

He and Saito went inside and dusted off the bed in the primary bedroom. Thankfully, the bed is decent, with no soggy mattress. It still had the protective plastic. He removed it. And magically, he found clean blankets inside a wooden trunk. And some pillows. This house is weird. Is someone helping them?

Regardless, he and Saito fixed the bed, and he went and brought Luna inside. Since she was bleeding, they placed the dirty blankets beneath her. Senna cared for her while he and Saito explored the rest of the house.

They found the nursery. Saito had this look of guilt. He probably feels guilty for yelling at Senna

"I'm sorry," Saito picked up the rocking chair. "I didn't mean to lash out at you."

Demitri helped him fix the nursery. It seems someone had thrown a tantrum and destroyed everything in Luna's room. But she never used it; there are still unopened boxes of diapers and baby wipes.

"Don't hate on Senna," Demitri said. "Senna did what she was best for Luna. And she did the right thing; did you see her father? He was a madman. He went after his granddaughter. And he would've killed his daughter just to get Luna."

"I saw," Saito shook his head. "I'm still trying to process it. To think Senna is Luna's mother. And to learn Luna is half demon." He stares at the mural on the wall. It's a loving moment between Senna and her husband and a baby. It seems they were waiting for Luna to be born.

But where did this fucking man go? How dare he abandon Senna. He abandoned her when she needed him the most. It's unforgivable.

They cleaned up as best they could.

For the next few days, Luna remains unconscious. She was alive, but she wasn't waking up. And she was stable enough to be moved. The three agreed it was time to take her home. She needed to see the clan doctor.

And they must move her away from the Dark Moon clan. Senna's father could attack them.

But they needed a car. Senna said she would get one, and she did. He wasn't sure how she got the car, and he didn't ask.

He could tell Senna didn't want to leave. She grabbed Luna's belongings. It was a box with two pictures, a squeaky wolf toy, the brown bear, the pendant, and Luna's old bloody clothes. She closes the door, unable to lock it. But she said it'll be safe now. No one is going to break in

They left the place, and Saito drove. He sat on the passenger side. Senna and Luna in the back. Luna lay on Senna.

When they arrived at Saito's clan, they took Luna inside immediately. The clan doctor came, and it was chaotic.

Saito told them what happened, and he let Senna explain the rest. Draven and Anita were a bit angry with Senna for abandoning Luna.

Demitri didn't let that slide. "Hey, you can't be angry at her. You don't know what she's been through. Imagine being stuck as a wolf; how the fuck was she supposed to take care of a child in that form? And don't get me started on the crazy father. That man was out for blood. So give her a break; Senna was born to a shitty family."