21) New Life

Luna-

New Year's away from home wasn't that bad. Luna enjoyed New Year's. Denny and Jack invited her and Demitri to their New Year party. It was the most beautiful time of her life.

Of course, these people didn't know she was underage and offered he alcohol. But that's only—if she was human. Drinking it won't get her drunk, not even a light buzz. It sucked, but that's how it is. So she drank it and felt nothing. Demitri said it was fine so long as she didn't force it. Even though she can't get drunk, if she keeps drinking one after another, people will start to notice.

So she took in between breaks. She slips away to the snack tables; there are many yummy snacks and food. The food was delicious.

She sighed out of satisfaction. The mini burgers are delicious. She looked around; Demitri was with Jack and a few of Jack's friends.

Life with Demitri isn't bad. They went shopping the other day, and he bought her new clothes. They also bought utensils and supplies for the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry. And groceries. Their home feels like home now. Of course, she is sad and misses her family. But she will see them someday.

"Sexy," Denny bumped her with his hip. "Why don't you dance with him? Come on, you're ogling him like you want to jump him."

As if Demitri heard them, which he probably did, he made his way over. She finished her food and watered it down with a grape soda.

"Dance?" He offers his hand.

She smiled. "Sure."

They danced until the countdown. The room exploded in cheers and confetti. There were hugs and kisses. Luna and Demitri share a long, passionate kiss.

Luna and Demitri left the party at three in the morning; even then, the party continued. She was sleepy, and her feet hurt from dancing. Demitri carried her across the street to their house.

He opened the door and set her down. She rushed to the couch, sat down, and removed her shoes. She wiggles her toes.

"Demitri, have you had your daily dose of blood?" She asks. She has been meaning to ask him about that.

"Yes," he said. "I snuck out while you slept yesterday and went hunting. I hunted a boar. They are ubiquitous around these parts. I did give the boar to a local kitchen. Anonymously."

She stood and stretched. "Okay, let's get ready for bed." They occasionally share a bed. But sometimes, she likes to sleep alone. And Demitri understands. Like tonight, she is too tired for Demitri to get all touchy.

After she got ready for bed, she gave Demitri a goodnight kiss and entered the bedroom. Demitri was kind enough to give her the primary bedroom. She flopped on the bed and stretched.

She lay there wide awake; she couldn't sleep. Her mind is exhausted, but her body is wide awake. "Hmm." She got out of bed and went to the door. When she opened it, Demitri was there.

"Come on," he dragged her back into bed. "I can't help with how fast your heart is beating."

"Sorry," she lay on top of him. He wrapped her arms around her. They stayed silent for a moment before she kissed him. It wasn't her, more like her wolf and demon acting out. It seems both of them needed this connection.

He kissed her but didn't do anything else. He tried to wrap her up in the blanket to keep boundaries.

She huffs. "Just a little."

He groaned. "Fine."

He kissed her. Luna wrapped herself around him. She wanted to feel him. Her body wanted him. But she knows he won't go that far. But that doesn't mean he won't touch.