29) Missing Sarah

Saito-

It's been a year already; well, no, it's just how it feels to Saito. It feels like ages since he saw Luna. They recently removed pictures of her. And Demitri made sure they couldn't identify any landmarks. But it does seem like Luna was happy.

Still, this drove him insane; sometimes, Saito feared he might never see her again and would never hold her and hear her voice. But he will keep trying to accept reality. Saito needs to accept Demitri. If they ever return, he won't punch him.

He sighed and stepped outside. It had stopped snowing, but the rain kept coming. It's nice, however. He sat on the bench and stared at the sky. Lately, he's been staring at the sky. He isn't sure why; it's like Saito expects to see someone fly across it. Aside from that, he felt eyes on him. He tried to search for who it could be that was watching him. But they are fast.

'They won't be fast for long,' Sai said. 'Even now, I can sense them.'

Saito looks around. He couldn't see anyone. He was in the backyard. The back of the house faces the woods. He could easily spot someone, but with this rain, it wasn't easy.

"Saito, what are you doing outside?" Lilly sat next to him.

"I'm thinking that's all," he said.

"About Luna?" He nodded. Lilly then sat on his lap and covered herself with her blanket. She only does this when she's feeling lonely. "We will see Luna again, have faith. I'm sure Demitri will come to his senses and bring her home."

He wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin against her shoulder. "I know, and I'll try not to punch the guy."

Lilly giggle.

"To change the subject," she smirk. "When are you finding a soulmate? I want nieces and nephews."

He groaned and tickled her armpits. She laughed and squirmed. He stopped and kissed her cheek. "Whenever the universe says I'm ready, they'll send me someone. I can go around searching for them. I'll let them come to me. There is no rush."

She huffs. "Fine."

"What about you?" He returns the question. "Anyone catches your interest?"

"No," she pouted. "Someday, we will get our soulmates. Then we won't have to be so lonely."

Indeed, being lonely isn't a pleasant feeling. Even surrounded by family, the moment one hits puberty, it's like there's a piece missing. That small empty hole won't disappear until one finds their soulmate. Once that happens, they'll be complete.

He is feeling that same small void. It's unavoidable.

"By the way, Sarah is missing," Lilly stood and stuck her hands out to catch the rain.

"Missing?" He frowned.

"She was doing great," Lilly has been keeping tabs on Sarah. "The alpha said she was getting along with everyone. Sarah started to open up to women who have gone through what Sarah has gone through. But a day ago, she gathered some herbs and never returned. They assume she got lost or sniffed the wrong herb. But when they looked for her, they found the basket, and the herbs spilled all over. There was a struggle."

"Someone kidnapped her?" Saito stood and cursed. "I need to get a roster of everyone that attended camp with Sarah. If one of them kidnaped her, they'll regret it."

"It was a demon who kidnapped her," Lilly said.

"How do you know that?"

"The alpha said a demon has been roaming around the settlement," Lilly dried her hands. "They spotted him just watching them ever since Sarah arrived. They know it's a demon because he doesn't hide it."