32) Times Up

Luna-

It's been at least six months already that Luna and Demitri had been together alone. And it's all been fun. She's able to talk to her family and isn't sad anymore. They haven't seen Taylor, not since she tried to kidnap her in plain daylight. That idiot got an excellent whooping from Demitri.

Denny and Jack helped her, too. It was chaotic; the police got called, and Taylor ran off before they could catch him. Ever since then, they haven't seen Taylor or Sarah.

"Luna," Demitri sighed. "Get off, I have to go to work."

"No, don't go," she clung to him. "You haven't had a day off this month."

"I know," he stroked her hair. "But I'll have the day off tomorrow. Tomorrow, we can do anything we want. Now get off."

Luna held on to him tightly. Today, she wants him to stay. That uneasy feeling is back. And it's worse. She has a bad feeling. She won't be seeing Demitri for a while. So she wants him to stay home today.

"No!" Luna squirmed as he tickled her.

"You ask for it," he chuckled and tickled her more.

"I tap out!" She hit his arm playfully. She giggles and

"Now, I have to get ready for work," he said as he stood.

She watched him get ready for work; this is their daily routine. When he's at work, she stays home, or sometimes she goes with him. There are times she goes with Denny to work on some sketches. Like today, she plans on going to town with Denny.

She rolled off the bed and tip-toed to the kitchen to make some breakfast. She had Demitri's coffee ready when he came out of the bedroom.

Lately, they have been sleeping in the same room. It's safer and more comfortable. Luna loves waking up next to Demitri.

There was a knock at the door. Demitri and Luna weren't expecting anyone.

Demitri frowned. "Stay."

She grips the knife and stays in the kitchen. She waited for Demitri to open the door.

The door opened, and she heard Demitri curse. The fight spills into the house, furniture and lamps getting topple or broken.

She stepped out and glared. Taylor. She shifted and jumped onto Taylor's back; she stopped him in the shoulder with the knife. Taylor yelled out in pain and threw her off. He pulls the knife out, and black blood oozes out of the wound. She stood and hissed at him.

She twirls her tail around. "What do you want?"

"You are coming with me," Taylor said. "Or I'll kill him."

Luna only just noticed the wooden stake sticking out of Demitri's chest. She went to him and tried to pull it out. But the wooden stake only went deeper. 

"That's the wood that can kill a vampire," Taylor said. "Come with me, and I'll make sure he lives. If not, I'll kill him; you can watch him die."

She glared. "Bastard."

She looks at Demitri. He was becoming paler by the second.

"Don't," he said. "Don't go." A trickle of blood spilled from the side of his mouth.

She kisses him. "I'll come back to you." She looks up at Taylor. "Take it out."

"Up."

She kisses Demitri once more before standing. Taylor gripped her arm. She was doing her best to keep Lunic and Angel under control.

Taylor pulls the wooden stake out. Demitri grunt. "The wound will take a while to heal; good luck."

Taylor dragged her outside, and the moment they stepped out, Luna could sense the angel.