35) Family Bonding

Luna-

After an emotional week today, everyone decided to take it easy. It's a nice warm day, the sun hidden behind the clouds. It's a perfect time for a picnic.

She can't believe it's July already. This year has been crazy. Good and bad things happen. And who knows what'll happen next? But for now, they'll enjoy a picnic.

Demitri was helping Draven with setting the tables. Picnic will be here, by the lake. Both of her family are joining.

She smiled.

She's happy that Demitri and Draven have patched things up. They even gave Lyla a proper burial. Her ashes now rest in the mausoleum.

"Fucking bastard!" Lilly yelled and tried to kick Taylor's ass. She's not the only one. Her mother was angry, too. They should be; Taylor did impregnate Sarah.

Sarah sat under the shade with her belly out. She didn't want her parents to know she was back, temporarily.

Taylor climbed the tree and stayed there. He didn't come down at all, not until lunch.

Luna still can't believe Taylor is her older brother. How are they related? He's a jerk. Still, he had a rough childhood. She has seen the scars; he got them from his mother's family members.

Luna hasn't talked to him about it, and she wants to. She already spoke to Sarah. She was still angry that Sarah didn't tell her what happened to her at camp; it was horrible. And no one knows who did it. She won't say. She must be afraid still. She's going to help her. She's going to be an aunty. Everyone will love Sarah's baby.

Of course, Taylor and Sarah aren't soulmates. Their connection is loneliness.

"Here," she gave Sarah a plate with a burger with potato chips. She looks healthy now. All that get it, it was all her mother. Luna didn't even know Sarah's parents were controlling her.

"Thanks," Sarah smiled.

"I-." She screamed as Taylor picked her up. "Put me down!" Luna looks at Demitri. She was getting further away. She glances back. "Don't you dare! Taylor!"

Taylor halted at the edge of the dock and threw her into the lake. She went under and quickly resurfaced. She looks up at Taylor.

"That's for hitting me in the balls," he grinned.

She huffs.

"See, we can get along," he said.

She pulled herself out and tried to push him in. But he was like stone. "Come on!" She huffed and puffed, but he didn't budge. "Why aren't you moving?"

"No!" He moved and flew back. But he dragged her with him. They both landed in the water. "Ha!"

"Crap," Demitri helped her up. "Sorry."

She shook her head, getting water out of her ear. "It's fine."

She loves that Demitri is carefree. She touches his scar; they both have scars. And it's all right. She kissed him.

"Hey!" Saito growled. "That damn angel again!" She turns in time to glimpse something shiny disappearing behind the clouds.

That angel has been stalking Saito. And it's worrisome.

Demitri drapes the world around her shoulders. They went back to the tent and huddled under as they ate. Both of her parents were chatting. Mainly about the guardians and his; they are becoming unhinged.

Luna didn't pay much attention. She wants to enjoy this day. Lilly enters the tent. "Dale arrived, and he brought someone."

"Linda," Luna smiled at Linda. "How did you convince your brother to let you come?"