37) Complications

Luther-

Luther didn't think he would ever have his family back. He knows it's temporary. His kids are grown.

"I didn't know a demon town existed!" Luna jumps around. "How exciting!"

He had brought Luna and Senna into town. Sarah couldn't join them; she was unwell. Taylor stayed behind to keep her company.

"Yes," Luther look at the town. "There are many demons; I use magic to protect them."

"No children," Luna said.

"Yet," Luther smiled. "I'm hoping these demons evolve like me. If so, they can reproduce among themselves or find soulmates."

"It's not just demons here," Senna held his hand. Luther kissed her hand.

"No," he sighed. "I have gone around the world and plucked out those that needed saving. The guardians and the Great ones aren't doing a good job protecting their people. It'll be time for them to retire. They have to."

"We need new minds; the Great Ones need to—disappear."

He leads them to the center of the plaza. The demons greeted him and looked at Luna and Senna curiously and worried. He will have to reassure them that his wife and daughter are harmless.

Luna squealed and ran over to a stall selling jewelry. She picked out a crown made of black steel and gems. She put it on, and it suited her. The crown goes around her head instead of on top of her head. She kept it and picked out a few more jewelry. She then turns around and looks at him. He took out a few coins and handed them to the seller.

"You have established your—own currency," Senna looks at one of the coins. She twirls it around. "Amazing."

"I'll teach you how to use them," he smiled.

"Ow!" Luna growled. "Hey, watch where you're going!"

"Dante?" Luther frowned.

Dante pulls back the hood off his head. "My lord, I was just heading to the castle. I need to speak to you; it's urgent."

"How urgent?" He asked. He didn't want to ruin this day. It's his first time being along with his daughter and wife. "Can it wait? I'm currently on a family outing."

Dante grimace. "It can wait; I shall wait in the palace. I do need to freshen up and eat. I'll probably take a nap too."

"Go."

Dante clings his head and excuses himself. He hasn't seen Dante in so long. He looks different and seems—stronger. But there is something wrong with him. He senses it. He wants to know.

"We can do this some other time," Senna said. "It does sound urgent."

He shook his head. "No, today is about us."

Senna smiled.

He continues to give them a tour. He answers all of Senna's and Luna's questions.

"So when the tourists come, the demons stay hidden," Luna said. "I mean, they use pendants or any jewelry to be human."

"Only those that haven't mastered it," he handed Senna a bowl of fried bananas with condensed sweetened milk. "If they haven't mastered being human for long periods, they must wear the pendant. The pendant is for those who can't control it. It keeps the demon locked up. And the jewelry is for those that have mastered the transformation."

"I see," Senna smiled.

Luther had to stop Luna from bumping into people. She's like a child in a toy store.