41) Last Day

Luna-

It's a miracle!

The angels finally left. Her father came back a week later and had a conversation with the angels that had been trying to get through the barrier. Whatever he told them, the angels left.

But Luna knows they aren't going to give up; for now, they'll live a temporary, peaceful life.

Luna is finally—finally done with her schoolwork. She and Demitri went back home to their cozy house.

"Oh, how I miss our home!" She went around kissing everything.

Denny and Jack did an excellent job at keeping this place clean. She owes them big time. Luna jumped on the bed and rolled around. The sheets smell of roses; she sniffs them and squeals. Home!

"Don't get too comfortable," Demitri leaned against the doorway. Why must he remind her?

Sure, she's only staying for the rest of the summer. Then she'll head home alone. Demitri will stay here and do some minor renovations to the house. They'll add a second floor and a pool shape as a flower!

Slipping her shoes off, she stood and jumped on the bed. "Let me enjoy this moment! Don't ruin it!" She jumps

Demitri grabbed her and slammed her on the end of the bed. She bounced a couple of times before he climbed on top of her and tickled her. She laughed until her belly hurt, and her voice became hoarse. Tears gather in her eyes, all from laughter.

He eventually let her go and hauled her up.

"Denny and Jack will be here soon; they have a surprise for us," Demitri took her by the hand and led her back to the living room.

The front door opens, and Jack enters first, then Denny. Denny held a bundle wrapped in a thin rubber ducky blanket.

Luna let out a little gasp, and she clutched Demitri's hand and jumped in excitement. Denny and Jack have a baby! She can't believe this! Smiling, she strode over.

"Baby!" She squeals like a little girl. "When? How?"

"I had him," Denny gazed tenderly at his baby. "I'm an omega, Luna. I was using magic to conceal my pregnancy. I apologize for not telling you."

Luna shook her head. "I'm a stranger, and it's your secret." Denny lowered the blanket. Luna gasped as she gazed upon a handsome little lion. "May I?"

Denny nodded and placed him in her arms. He's so tiny, much smaller than Sapphire. He's so freaking cute.

"Look at his little ears," she wanted to touch them; instinct told her not to. They were sensitive; she could hurt him. "Oh?" There was a slight movement on his butt. She lifts the blanket and giggles in awe. His little tail. "You're the cutest little lion!" She held back on the kisses. "If I had known you had a baby, I would've bought a gift."

"It's fine," Denny sighed. "He has so many; Jack's family has filled his nursery with gifts."

Luna smirk. "Don't try to stop me; I'm getting him a gift! What's his name?"

"Leonard, Leon for short," Denny slumped on the recliner. "Congratulations on your niece."

"Thanks," she sat on the couch holding Leon. "I'll show you pictures; maybe these two can be friends." Leon stretched and let out the cutest sound. He yawned and made a purring sound. And now he's fussing. Luna gave him back. He nestles on Denny's chest and purrs.

For the next few hours, Luna showed them some pictures of Sapphire. They talk about what's been happening in town and everything else. There isn't much going on.