6 Lies Hurt

As everyone got up to leave the classroom, Clarissa hung back, stopping Dan from leaving by grabbing at his shirt sleeve.

"He's getting really suspicious, isn't he? You need to be more careful," Clarissa warned holding her cigarette between her fingers.

"I thought I told you to stay out of my head!" Dan snapped loosening from her grip.

"And Anya being your fake girlfriend. You've seemed to have gotten yourself webbed into all sorts of lies lately," Clarissa blew a stream of smoke.

"That's none of your business," Dan fired at her.

"I honestly think that you should just confess your feelings to Phil. I mean, I doubt anything would actually go wrong. You're just overthinking it," Clarissa told him.

Dan looked down at the floor, "I couldn't do that to Blake. He thinks I'm straight, and he'll continue to think that so he doesn't get bullied anymore."

"To hell with Blake. You shouldn't let anyone else hold you back regardless of who they are to you. My big sister taught me that," Clarissa put the cigarette back in her mouth.

"She sounds like a great sister," Dan commented.

"She was a bitch. Absolutely hated me," Clarissa went on, "I can tell that boy really likes you though. He's grown closer to you in a couple of short days than anyone else he's ever know his whole life."

Dan gave her a disapproving stare.

Clarissa put her hands up, "What? You're not the only brain I snoop through on a daily basis. So anyways, you have that "date" with Anya and Phil tonight. I wish you luck." She turned to leave.

"What was the point of you stopping me?" Dan called after her.

"No reason. Just to, give you a bit of a... push," she winked. And with that she had gone and left Dan alone in the classroom.

🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯

"Hey, where are you going?" Blake questioned running to catch up with Dan.

"I was going to do some shopping and then go home. Why? Do you want to come with?" Dan offered opening the big iron gates.

"Sure," Blake agreed enthusiastically.

"Let your sister know where you're going," Dan instructed.

"Why? I always disappear. She doesn't care where I am," Blake kicked at the pebbles on the sidewalk. "She only wants to know where I went when  Headmistress starts questioning her."

"That's not true. She worries about you all the time, Anya is just trying to give you some space, that's all," Dan tried reasoning with him.

"Yeah, and a ton of space she's given me," Blake muttered.

"Just tell her you're going out into town with me," Dan persuaded him.

Huffing, the American boy pulled his phone out of his pocket and typed out a short text to Anya which he then sent. "There. Happy?"

"Incredibly. Thank you," Dan messed up the boy's hair and continued into town with Blake close behind. Soon, they turned into a grocery store and grabbed a cart.

"Shit," Dan heard Blake mumble.

"Something the matter?" Dan asked looking down at him.

"No, everything's fine, I just think it'd be best if we just left and went that store over there," Blake said quickly turning around and tugging on Dan's arm.