21 Stress Traveling

Dan hid behind a building and tried to collect his scrambled thoughts. He closed his eyes.

Ok, imagine London, home, the coven, the park, anything that will get me home! Think of being there. he thought to himself. That must have been how it worked, right?

Whatever he did, it must not have worked, because he was still on a beach with Hispanic looking people around him.

"I'M STILL IN MEXICO?!" He cried out with a frustrated groan.

"Uh, sir, you're in Miami," a confused woman standing near him said.

Dan blinked twice and looked around. The beach did look different, and Florida did have a lot of people of Cuban origin, which would explain the Spanish.

"Uh, thanks. Sorry about that," Dan awkwardly said to the lady as she walked away.

Good job on not scaring anyone, he scolded himself sarcastically.

At least he did something though. Miami, Florida was in an entirely different country than Mexico, so this meant he was making some progress. Dan made his way behind another structure of sort so people wouldn't see a man disappear out of thin air and gave it another go. Closing his eyes, he began channeling his thoughts again.

Just be calm. London, think London. The familiar streets, the shops, the park, the coven house, my apartment! London! Home!

When he opened his eyes again, his heart leapt with relief and joy, but then immediately nosedived into a pool of despair when he realized the buildings surrounding him weren't familiar ones, although they were incredibly similar at first glance. At least it wasn't a beach this time around.

Dan walked out into the crowd of people on the sidewalk and looked around. He had no idea where the hell he was. Some signs in the windows of surrounding businesses had English and French writing on them, so this proposed a small clue. Canada perhaps?

Walking into the shop next to him, ban went up to the lady at the counter. "Excuse me, miss. This is going to be a weird question, but where am I?"

"Elmore street," the woman told him.

"No, like, what country am I in? What city is this?" Dan asked again.

The sales lady cocked an eyebrow, but answered anyways. "Montreal, Canada...?" she said slowly in a questionable tone.

Montreal. Ok, new country again, but I'm just traveling up at this point!

"Ok, thank you," Dan told her as he left. Slumping down against the wall outside the shop, he groaned and hugged his knees to himself. No matter what he did, he never ended up home. What if I have to make a life for myself on another continent?! he began to think. What if I never make it back and I'm stuck a million miles from home?! I could get a job, and save up for a plane ticket! Or maybe someone could come and get me? Or what if I just get stuck here forever because they all want me to teleport back?!

Dan's eyes began to water as the thoughts in his head became louder and louder.

And what if I do try to teleport and I end up somewhere like the ocean or inside a wall?! What if I die?!

Dan began to full on sob as the next thought came crashing into his mind.

Phil! Oh, god, Phil! What if I never see him again?! I have to get home! I can't let that happen!

Dan tried to calm himself, but the more he did, the harder he cried. He was scared. He was scared of everything that was happening to him. Yes, at first being a wizard was like a child's dream come true, but after everything he had been through and all the stories he had heard, he didn't want it anymore. He didn't want the powers, he didn't want the secrets, and he didn't want the lies. All he wanted was Phil. Nothing more and nothing less. He just wanted Phil to hold and to love, and to be able to tell him anything without their lives being at stake, quite literally, for it. He didn't want the weight of the world crushing his heart anymore.