a kiss for a distraction

I don't know what has gotten into me. I shouldn't be like this. I shouldn't be crying for a guy who isn't mine. Wiping off the tears that escaped, I jogged to the library, hoping to find a distraction. Any distraction.

Sniffing, I ran my hand on the neatly arranged books, looking at the titles one by one. Finding for the one book that chooses me.

After wasting time on looking for the right book, I ended up choosing randomly and here I am, on the floor with my back resting on the rack, reading a book about reptiles in the library during lunch.

As I sat there, reading a book, I barely noticed that someone approached me until that guy sat next to me and offered me a tissue.

I frowned, meeting his gaze as his bored into mine. "No thanks." I said, sniffing.

"Really?" he arched an eyebrow, "but you look like you need it. Because. I can hear you sniffing from across the room."

I blushed, taking the offered tissue, wiping my nose in the most feminine way possible. Is there even a feminine way to wipe a nose?  "Thanks."

"So why are you sad?" the guy began, and I gave him an incredulous look, "what?" he then asked.

"I don't even know you." I stated.

"oh. Right." he smiled sheepishly, "my name is Kyle." He said offering his hand.

I hesitated, taking a good look at the guy before accepting his hand. He had this spiky blonde hair and dark blue eyes. and thanks to the bright light in the library, I can see faint freckles on his cheeks. He's really cute. "Victoria." I said, shaking his hand. "but you can call me Vicky."

"okay Vicky." He said, "why are you sad?"

"just girl stuffs." I mumbled, looking away.

"really?" he asked, "so this is where you distract yourself? At a library, reading a book about reptiles?"

I rolled my eyes, this guy is entertaining and annoying at the same time. "and what about you? Do you always carry a tissue for crying girls?"

"well, not always." He admitted, shrugging. "usually, when they cry, I'd take them skip classes and have some fun."

"what kind of fun are you offering?" I asked. Suddenly interested to what he was going to say next. Besides, there's no way I'd be able to study after what I've seen at the cafeteria earlier.

"well..." He smirked slyly, "it depends on what kind of fun do you enjoy more."

"and what kind of fun do I enjoy?" I asked, arching my brow. I honestly don't know what kind of fun I would enjoy. But hell, right now, everything that can distract me from Luke is fun.

"hmm...I know," he said, suddenly looking serious and all sexy, slowly leaning closer, and stopping just as his face was mere inches from mine. I can feel his breath on my face as his eyes staring intensely on mine. I don't know what's happening. But I don't cant decide whether to push him away or kiss him. and then he smiled widely, "lets go to the park!" he said excitedly, leaning back to his previous position.

um, what the hell? I've just known kyle like a few minutes ago and I've found out that this guy can be really cute and really sexy whenever he wants, but looking at his cute innocent face, I don't think he realizes it.

"come on." He begged, "you wont regret it."

I sighed. I was going to say yes anyways. Standing up, I followed him quietly sneaked out the school and went to the park.

And he was right. I didn't regret it.

Because as we sat on the bench, looking at the perfectly decorated gardens, with the sunset as its background view, I felt Kyle's lips on mine and I returned it.