Poems For Daniel

Safaree is a regular visitor of the local hospital for volunteer hours and to, hopefully, get a bit of experience for her nursing career. Although, she seems a bit mean and rough around the edges, she truly cares about people and loves to help, but because of the way her attitude comes off to people, no one really knows that. No one knows that with the exception of Daniel, whom she visits at the hospital on a regular basis. After only two days of visiting him, she develops a crush on the cancer patient and even begins to visit when it's unnecessary to. And after each visit, she writes a poem about him. She did this every day up until his death, which occured after nearly two months' worth of her visiting him. 

After finding out about his death, she holds her tears back and begins to write her very last poem for and to Daniel. Just as she's about to write the last word of her poem, she walks into the street right in front of the hospital building and gets hit by a car. She falls right into a coma that lasts over several months and awakens without any knowledge of Daniel's death. After coming to a conclusion that Daniel's cancer has gone away and he's began living a normal life, she sets out to find him. And the only clues she has left are torn up, shredded, and destroyed poems that were written for Daniel over three months ago.

Will she find all the missing links to find him or will that missing piece of her heart remain lost? 

In other words, did Daniel's death never happen or is Safaree setting herself up for disappointment?