4

"You see," Bill began as he walked around the frozen brothers. "I'm going to need Stanley's daughter to help me too."

"Sandra?" Stanley asked, trying to move. "What do you want with her?!?"

Bill laughed, and sat in the air, his left leg over his right knee. 

"Your daughter has a power that no one else but you has," Bill replied, grinning at Stanley.

"That's impossible!" Stanford protested. "Stanley doesn't have any powers!"

Bill floated close to Stanford, eyeing him. Stanford shivered under his gaze.

"You never knew, did you, Stanford Pines?" Bill said. He turned to Stanley. "Nor you."

"What are you talking about?!?" Stanley asked, narrowing his eyes.

Bill floated back, and held his hand palm side up. A screen appeared, showing the two brothers as babies. Stanford was crying, and Stanley didn't seem to be breathing. A nurse picked Stanley up while talking to the brothers' parents. They looked distraught at Stanley, and nodded their heads. The nurse rushed out of the room and into the operating room. She hooked Stanley up to a machine, and the machine began to beep, each beat growing farther and farther apart from each other. The nurse looked sadly at baby Stanley, and reached to pull the cord.

The door suddenly opened, and Bill walked in, startling the nurse. He began talking to the nurse, calming her down, and the nurse sadly shook her head after Bill finished. Bill nodded before walking over to the sleeping baby, and picked him up. Bill whispered something to Stanley, and Stanley began to float. The nurse backed up in fear, but Bill raised his hand to calm her down. His eye started to glow blue, and a blue cloud surrounded Stanley. It soon disappeared, and Bill took Stanley back into his arms.

Stanley opened his eyes, and let out a small giggle. The nurse cried out with joy, and took the baby from Bill's arms. She turned around to leave, but then turned back around to thank Bill. Except, Bill wasn't there. The nurse looked around the empty room one last time before running out, carrying Stanley. Behind her, Bill re-appeared, smirked, and turned off the machine. A single beep filled the air, and Bill disappeared again.

The screen disappeared, and the twins looked at Bill, shocked. Stanley started to shake after discovering that he almost died when he was a baby. Not even that, but it was Bill who saved him. Stanford was the first to recover.

"What was that supposed to show?" Stanford asked, folding his arms.

"When I saved Stanley's life, I gave him powers," Bill explained, faking a yawn. "He can never get hurt at all. He seemed to have passed it onto his daughter, Sandra."

"That explains why you always stood up to those bullies and were never hurt," Stanford thought out loud, looking at Stanley.

"You saved my life?" Stanley asked Bill, ignoring Stanford's remark. "Why?"

"Please, I only did it to fulfill my job," Bill scoffed, waving his hand at him. "If you would have died, then you would have never did what I didn't tell you to do, you never would have gotten married, and you would never have Sandra. My job was to make sure that that happened, so you and your daughter can help me with my project."

"You still never told us what your project is," Stanford said, while Stanley tried to wrap his head around the information.

"It's only between me and Stanley," Bill said, his eye glowing red.

Stanford was lifted up off the ground, and was sealed in a bubble with a six fingered hand symbol on it. Chains surrounded it, and Stanley watched in dismay as his brother was moved to Bill's side.

"Stanley, you have three days to decide whether or not you and Sandra will help me," Bill said. "If you do, then Stanford will still be alive, and will be at your side. If not," he looked up at Stanford's prison bubble. "Then Stanford will forever be by my side." 

With that, Bill snapped his fingers. Stanley could finally move, and he tried to tackle Bill. Bill moved out of the way, resulting in Stanley running into a tree. He rubbed his head, and glared at Bill. Bill grinned, and rose into the air with Stanford's prison bubble.

"Remember Stanley, you have three days," Bill said and disappeared.

Stanley looked into the sky, then lowered his eyes. His back slid down the tree, and he pulled his knees up to his chin. Tears slid down Stanley's cheeks as he looked at the ground. What was he going to do?