Romans with a Side of Drinks

Wine:

"I'll be right back," Katniss calls, lugging a box to a room.

"I'm bringing sexy back
Them other boys don't know how to act
I think it's special, what's behind your back?
So turn around and I'll pick up the slack (Take it to the bridge)

"Dirty babe, you see these shackles
Baby I'm your slave
I'll let you whip me if I misbehave
It's just that no one makes me feel this way~"

Seneca glances blankly at the cell phone innocently sitting on the kitchen counter, playing the provocative song.

"Can you answer that? Stupid Finnick, probably got his hands on my phone again and chose that stupid song..." he's pretty sure he hears her mutter from the other room.

Seneca tentatively reaches out and takes the phone, answering it. And then he was subjected to five minutes of Finnick relating a play-by-play of a date he'd just ended (with details he's pretty sure he didn't want to know) and orders him to relate the whole thing word for word to Katniss. Perhaps he shouldn't have said that Katniss was too busy to get on the phone...

When it's all done and over with, Seneca decides he really, really needs a drink.

Fumbling around Katniss' kitchen, he grabs a wine glass and goes to the fridge where a wine bottle is waiting and ready (set aside especially for him). He doesn't waste any time pouring a drink.

"Hey, you okay?" he turns to see Katniss looking at him in amusement with raised eyebrows.

"Peachy," he replies sarcastically.

She smirks and slides into a seat next to him. "Can I have a taste?" she gestures to his glass.

He hesitates, remembering the last time she had wine...

The day is finally over and he's completely exhausted. He's just turning up to Katniss' walkway, when he catches a glimpse of some of the peacekeepers' faces. Some of them are fighting off grins while others are full out chuckling. Then he looks over at the house and sees bright neon lights flashing out of the windows.

He nearly gapes, but catches himself in time and hurries to the door. When he enters, he's not expecting what he sees next.

A strobe light ball is in the middle of the living room, causing all the lights flashing everywhere. Finnick is dancing crazily with him shaking his entire body like he was having a seizure, dressed in only his boxers. Katniss, on the other hand, is dancing eerily the same, except less rowdily and was shaking her arse more to the beat of the song and...dressed in one of Seneca's shirts? He wasn't even going to dwell on the beard drawn on Finnick's face and supposed to be like his...

"When I walk on by, girls be looking like damn he fly
I pay to the beat, walking on the street with in my new lafreak, yeah
This is how I roll, animal print, pants out of control –"

He sees two bottles of wine, one empty and the other almost to the bottom as well, set aside.

When he suggested that Finnick come over for Katniss to actually be able to tell someone she was engaged, because they weren't really supposed to let anyone know just yet (but Finnick wasn't known to be close so this would have been perfect), this was not what he had in mind.

"Seneca! You're home!" Katniss giggles and waves hectically at him. "We're celebrating the engagement!"

Finnick slings an arm around her shoulders and gives him a thumbs up.