Odd Moons and Drinking Games

Blue Moon:

"Would you stop that? There's no such thing as a blue moon!" Seneca couldn't help twitching, glaring at Finnick. "Stop suggesting moon traditions for it, when it doesn't exist!"

Finnick pouts. "How do you know? Have you ever seen one?"

"Exactly! It's never been seen and there are no records of it. It doesn't exist."

He really regrets the others finding out about the moon stuff, especially Finnick.

Later, when Finnick finally left, Katniss looks at him, with a smile tugging at her lips. He raises an eyebrow at her.

"Don't be too hard on him. I think it would have been nice to see a blue moon. And astrologically, it does exist," she teases.

"But not an actually blue-colored moon," he says stubbornly.

That night, he blindfolds her and leads her out, where she could tell was out of the home when she feels the cold air of the night hit her skin. And when the blindfold is taken off, she breathes in sharply and he smiles.

"Is this the arena?" she gazes at the place that had once housed a forest and now looks like an ocean, while the two of them sits on a lone dock.

"Yeah," he shrugs. "I'm Head Gamemaker. I can do whatever I want in here and come whenever I please."

She shakes her head, fighting back a smile, at him abusing his Head Gamemaker powers for her. But he points up and she looks to where he was pointing, gasping and staring in awe.

A pretty blue moon hangs in the sky above their heads.

Black Moon:

"We're not really doing this, are we?" Katniss questions them in disbelief.

"And I can't believe I'm coming along," Seneca mutters.

"Shush! Now, we're actually having a black moon. Something that rare has to be celebrated!" Finnick grins.

"A Black Moon occurs when there are two dark cycles of the moon in any given calendar month. It is believed that the second dark moon is a time of great power within the spiritual world and any magick worked during this time is especially powerful," Brutus intones seriously, lighting up his flashlight into his face.

And given that they are all, strangely, wearing black robes and Brutus has his hood up, he succeeds in looking and acting creepy.

Katniss wrinkles her nose, "I didn't even know the Capitol had a graveyard."

"What did you think happens to the Capitol citizens' bodies after they're dead?" Seneca asks in amusement. "Did you picture us freezing ourselves or preserving our bodies and putting them on display in museums or something? Maybe keep them in a family room in the basement to pass down for generations?"

Katniss' silence was very telling.

The other victors guffaw, while he restrains himself, though he couldn't stop his lips from smiling. She narrows her eyes at him and mouths 'Couch', making him forcefully straighten up his face quickly. She looks at him smugly.

"Geez, you're so morbid about Capitol people, Katniss," Cashmere giggles. "I know Capitol people are weird, slightly insane and all that stuff...but I doubt they're that strange, creepy, or freaky."

Katniss just huffs and they focus on their trek after that. Finally making it to the graveyard, they find a random grave and everyone takes out their candles, with Katniss and Seneca more dubious.