Body Parts (I)

Ear:

Katniss is quiet, knowing that her wedding is over and there is still more to come. More that she doesn't want to deal with. Unfortunately, it comes still.

The reception almost just comes and goes, and she admits that she had enjoyed it in the beginning, but it is reserved and Snow is there and watching. She manages a dance from each of her male friends, and Gloss and Finnick are fair dancers in their waltzes and manages to keep her from stumbling and making an embarrassment of herself. However, Brutus is as unconfident and clumsy in his steps as she is and they both stumble several times. She still enjoys it the best of the dances, aside from the first dance she takes with her new husband, because it feels so natural somehow in its imperfectness and feels right in that.

As they turn away from Snow, Brutus bends slightly to whisper in her ear.

"I'm sorry I can't dance," he's definitely embarrassed.

Snow is still watching, so it's hard for Katniss to find a way to reply.

"Pick me up," she mumbles against him.

And he does, grabbing hold of her and picking her up slightly in the dance and out of characterized from a waltz (but by then it's obvious to everyone that they're not natural dancers or have any clue). It's enough though, for her to bend slightly down and accommodate his tall height so she can unobtrusively whisper back in his ear.

"It's okay."

He puts her back down and since her back is to Snow, she can send him a warm, reassuring smile.

Brutus is also unable to show he's relieved, but at least they had as meaningful an exchange as they could in the presence of Snow. Seneca, herself, Brutus, Gloss, Finnick, Cashmere...they are all aware of themselves and their interactions, and know all they can do is whisper into each other's ears secretly.

But, as Finnick would know, secrets come easily into their ears as well, so it's an action that can benefit them.

Mouth:

Katniss is unsurprised when Snow approaches her after the reception. She glances at Seneca, whose face is blank. But she can see the anger and the helplessness in his eyes.

But they both knew this was probably the outcome, and they'd expected it. Katniss is glad to have given herself to Seneca when she did, but it doesn't take away from the fact that her wedding night is ruined and that this would tarnish her memories of her wedding.

Unsurprisingly, she is made to go into a car after the reception and sent off to wherever she has to be, leaving her new husband behind. At least (hopefully), the others will be there tonight, but she doubts it. For tonight, she thinks, they would be watched carefully and staying at the hotel they were stationed at for the wedding, once Snow had first found out who and why they'd chosen as part of their wedding party.

The scrutiny is unnerving and puts them on edge, and their inability to help either Katniss or Seneca ups the tension.

But Katniss keeps her mouth close, because speaking out now would put them all under more scrutiny and suspicion.

They couldn't afford that.

Tooth (Teeth):

She is only a little surprised to find out that the client she is to entertain is the man who owns the wedding dress boutique that had made her dress. Snow escorts her in and then thankfully leaves, but Katniss is awkward and not sure what to do.