Mealtimes

Breakfast:

When Katniss wakes up, she does so reluctantly. She remembers the night before, how Seneca told her about Snow and his refusal and blatant ignoring of his resignation. She is surprised about Seneca's decision to resign in the first place, but ultimately knew that there was no way it would happen –especially if it was going to involve Snow.

With also a dim realization, she bitterly remembers it's Christmas and her first in the Capitol and away from home. She turns her head and looks at Seneca's peaceful face, her bitterness lightening exponentially and a small smile crosses her face.

"I found love in a hopeless place. Things aren't...so bad."

She closes her eyes and feels herself start to become peaceful herself...only for their bedroom door to slam open and startle her and awakening Seneca. Before either of them could clearly understand what's going on or get a handle on things, they're dog piled upon and crushed on by excited bodies.

"Meeeeerrrry Christmas~" a chorus of sing-songed voices and slurs greet them.

"How the hell did you all sneak into our house?" Seneca grunts disgruntled.

"We all got keys, remember?" Cashmere giggles.

Both Seneca and Katniss are quiet before...

"When the hell did that happen?" Seneca snaps in exasperation while Katniss mentally face palms.

"What? What did you say?" Finnick calls out loudly, feigning ignorance.

All the victors rush off of them and then out of the room, and the two of them roll their eyes at each other before getting off the bed and start getting ready for the day. They get out of the room together, happening upon their suddenly decorated house and a Christmas tree set up in their living room that hadn't been there the night before.

"We're like little Christmas elves, making Christmas miracles and shit," Finnick waves and grins at them.

Katniss isn't sure whether he's drunk or not, as it could be construed as typical Finnick behavior. However, she's much too amused and happy that they were all there to really care too much.

"Damn, I have to go into work," Seneca mutters, and they're both reminded of how Snow had expressly wanted him to go into work that day and had told him to 'do good work.'

"Work, smork," Gloss huffs. "Fuck it and skip."

"Can't. The Devil's got me callin'," Seneca sighs and everyone understands immediately.

"Fuck 'im," an unknown voice to Katniss snorts. She's a pretty young woman, probably around Finnick and Annie's age, and holding a mug in both of her hands. She sees Katniss staring at her, and winks at her. "Hey, girl~ You is fine. Wanna be my booty call?"

Cashmere laughs and struts over to the other woman, smacking her lightly on the head before looking at Katniss wryly.

"Ignore this one, Kat. Jo's already gone on eggnog."

She suddenly recalls who the woman is, and thinks that Johanna Mason reminds her a bit of Haymitch. She can't help the fond smile from forming on her lips.

"S'alright," she says simply.

"Breakfast!" Brutus calls out and all the victors holler eagerly and excitedly, but Katniss only becomes alarmed.

"Wait!" both she and Seneca interrupt in panic.

"You...wouldn't have, perhaps, let Brutus cook in the kitchen, did you all?" Seneca twitches.