Introduction

"Ki!! Get you're ass over here now!" my mom yelled. I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed, approaching the kitchen where my mom was.

"What do you want?" I asked her as my older brother, Tyson, finished eating some Ramen noodles. I looked over at him and smiled; I loved my big brother, Ty, so much.

"Girl, you better get that smile off your face, and start cleaning the mess you made in the living room!" my mom yelled as she turned on some cumbia music. I smiled at the sight of her dancing, and walked off towards the living room. There were papers and colors everywhere. No joke. I sneered at all the mess.

"You be tripping if you think all this shit is mine!!" I hollered to my mother. I could hear my brother laugh from where he was sitting.

"Shut up boy!" my mom told my brother, "And I never said any of that mess was yours, but you got a son who you should learn to clean up after." I sighed, and called for my son, Vincent. Ugh! That boy drives me crazy sometimes, but I love him to death. He slowly came into the living room.

"Boy, why you be leaving a mess in the living room?! You're grandma be nagging me out for this." I pointed to the mess of papers and colors, "Can you please pick it up for your momma?" He smiled and nodded a yes in reply.

So I come from a crazy family. My name is Kiana, but most people just call me Ki. I'm part Black and part Mexican, 19, and don't really put up with no bullshit. I have a job as a bartender at Josh's Bar & Grill, so I can provide for myself.

My father died when I was 8, and my mother is always trying to stay young in any way possible, so I basically had to raise myself as a child... along with the help of Ty, of course. Me and Ty have a really close brother-sister relationship.

Oh, and my baby, Vincent? He's fatherless, too. My brother warned me about messing around with Don, the guy who is Vincent's biological father. My big brother always knows best. I hardly ever listen to him, though, and now my poor baby don't even know who his father is. But I don't expect people to feel sorry for us, since I can provide for me and my baby.

Did I mention Ty's job? He's in the drug dealing business. I try not to get involved with any of that shit, but my brother thinks I would be a great addition to his crew. I always deny his offers, though. I've never really thought it fully through; he says it's a great way to make money but I don't know if I have it in me to do anything like that.