Chapter 12

Everything seemed to slow down. The screams of victims echoed in my ears. Laughter of psychopathic killers dramatically slowed down. People ran for the exit slowly. The world span around me, making me dizzy.

But I ran. Ran towards Sabrina, hoping I could get to her before death could. But someone or something knocked me to the floor. I fell backwards, air knocked out of my lungs. I opened my eyes and saw Smile dog's big grin. He barked for his master and I know that that isn't a good sign. He jumped off, but what replaced him was scarier.

A knife plunged into the grass next to my head, and a hand gripped my neck, tightly. I couldn't breath and I struggled to get Jeff to stop choking me. I turned my head side ways, almost dying, when I saw Sabrina, soaked in water, in Ben's arms. The worst part was, he was smiling.

"Let me go." I choked. All he replied was a threatening growl. I struggled for a little bit more, until I have no more strength to fight.

"Fine. Kill me, Jeffrey. Kill me." I whispered. He loosened his hands, and his eyes softened, but it didn't last long. He tightened his hands, yet again, and he was finally going to end my suffering. But something new and unusual happened.

He flew off me, being pushed my something that came from the ground. I sat up massaging my bruised neck questioning who my savior was. But it looks like I saved myself. I touched my back and I felt something soft and feathery. And when I turned around, I saw beautiful black feathery wings coming from my back.

I stood up and smiled. I stretched my new wings and took off. I soared in the air, hearing flightless people from the ground yell thing like "the angel of death has come to get us,"and "run for your lives." All the stress just "flew" away. It was hilarious.

I swooped down slicing people's throats, blood spraying every where and staining my new wings. I was enjoying this moment. I tried to land, but I failed and rolled towards some guy's feet. I quickly jumped up and who I saw, gave me mixed emotions.

"Clary?" The dude asked me. I smiled under my hoodie and nodded.

"Yeah. Its me." I said, taking of my hoodie. He could see the blood on my face and my wings and, of course, my machete. That was when I clearly saw his face.

It was Max. He was my crush since the summer after 6th grade. Kill him or not?

"Hey, Max. If you want to live, you will listen to me and pretend none of this happened." I began. "Run out of here and go home. I'll explain everything someday." He nodded and I flew away, knowing he would do anything to live.

"Dammit, I let someone live." I muttered, disgusted with myself.

I have to get to Jeff.It took me a while to find him, but, fortunately, Kaiko (Asian straight A student) yelled something.

"I shouldn't have done the Jeff the Killer summoning ritual!" She yelled., while Jeff's knife flew through the air and stab her in the back. Finally! I found Jeff.

"Jeffrey! Don't you remember me? Clary?" I asked from a safe distance, ready to block any knives that come my way. His eyes turned soft, when he heard his real name, but soon turned back into the ice cold stare he always had on. He turned the other way and sprinted away from me. Damn it, lost him again.

Well, it was just me fighting alone, now. I ran towards the nearest exit, when I got blocked by Slenderman.

"Slender? Omg, thank goodness you're alive. How come he didn't take you?"

"Questions later child. Now lets go back to the mansion before more of them arrives." He said quickly, while slamming a Kagome child against the wall, splatting blood every where.

"I see you earned your wings." He added.

"Yeah, now I'm officially awesomer than you."

"I can teleport child." concluded before teleporting away to avoid an argument.

"Whatever." I muttered under my breath. It seemed useless to mutter since Slender isn't there anymore. But, who knows. He could be right behind me. Maybe even right behind you, this very moment...