Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of the wooden floor outside my bedroom door. I slowly slid my and under my pillow and clutched the cold, hard handle of my knife.

There has been mysterious murders in my neighborhood. The chief says there is a rogue killer on the loose. In every murder scene, written in blood on the wall, says "go to sleep."

My door creaked open and I was ready to defend my self from the killer l. But all I saw was a little girl's head peeking through the crack. It was just Sally.

Sally Williams was my sister that I love to death.

She opened her mouth and asked "I had a nightmare, can I sleep with you?"

"Sure, sweetheart." I replied in a soft voice.

This was my last memory of her. The next day she mysteriously disappeared. I miss her so much. I used to play with her but now... She's gone... Forever.

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Clary Clearwater. Sally's parents adopted me when I was 6. Now I'm 15. Sally died at 9 and she's suppose to turn 10 this year. I have very dark, dark brown hair which makes it look black and very dark brown eyes. I'm about 5'6 and I'm kind of creepy and gothic.

I have 2 best friends: Sabrina and Camille.

Sabrina has always been on my side. She is way prettier than me but she denies it. She has long, soft, blonde hair, black eyes, and pale skin. She is slightly shorter than me but her designer heals made her 3 inches taller than me. We are both the smartest in our fade but I'm smarter at street smarts.
Camille on the other hand, has frizzy, short brown hair and dull brown eyes. She is about 5'4 and has always been jealous of me. She admitted that I'm better than her in anything.

I'm writing this journal at my new home with a a new family, and with new special abilities. I would tell you what they are and how I got them, but I want you to know from the beginning and how it all started.