Chapter3

Riley's point of view

3:16. I sat on the bench in the empty hall of the school. Maya left with Lucas and Farkle, well, I don't know where Farkle went.

I didn't want to go home. Too many fights. Not enough space. I couldn't escape it.

I finally got the courage to go home. I decided to walk home so I could think. I was walking through the park because it was a short cut home.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Maya. She started running towards me. Aww man I don't want to talk to her.

"Hey Riles! I thought you weren't gonna show up!" she said. "Show up for what?" I asked. "Oh nobody invited you? Its cool you're with me!" she grabbed my arm and pulled me. I squirmed away.

"Riley, what's wrong?" she asked me. "Maybe you'd know if you ever listened to me!" I kinda screamed at her.

I walked away but she followed me. I turned around and looked at her. My eyes were full of tears. "Riley is there something you're not telling me?" she asked.

I stood there frozen. Yes, there was but she wouldn't care. How do I say this to her.

"Why do you act like you care when I know you don't?" I ran home leaving Maya in the park.

Wow that's not what I should have said. I realised this now as I ran home crying.

I ran right home and went inside. I avoided my entire family and went straight into my room.

My tears ran down my face. No one would listen to me. Nobody cared. At least that's what I thought.

I laid down in my bed facing away from the window. I didn't want my world seeing me this way. I tried to stop crying but I couldn't.

A sudden tap was heard on my window. Who could it be? Maya? No she didn't care! Who was it? I turned around and it was someone I hadn't listened to in a long time. It was...