Chapter 4

Riley's point of view

I turned around on my bed. There at the bay window stood Farkle. I hadn't listened to him forever.

I dried my eyes and got up to let him in. He crawled in the window and sat beside me.

Silence.

I looked down at my bracelet and bit my lip to control my tears. Farkle just stared at me. Constantly.

"Riley I-" he started. I began crying. Tears ran down my face and I looked at him for help.

He moved in closer to me and put his arms around me. I put my head on his shoulder. We didn't speak. I just cried. I don't think he even knew why.

I moved away from him and looked at him. "Are you okay? Do you want to talk about something?" he asked.

I did I really did need to talk to someone. I had to handle this better than with Maya. And Farkle actually came to help me. Maybe he truly cared.

I took a deep breath. "My parents, they have been fighting a lot...and I can't escape it"

"And that's why you screamed at your dad?" he realised. I shook my head yes and looked at my bracelet again.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked. I shook my head no. One lonely tear ran down my cheek.

"How can I help you? I want to help you through this" Farkle said.

"Can you just be there for me?" I asked. We stood up and we hugged. For about 5 minutes that's all we did.

He whispered in my ear. "Always" he said "Always."