Set Fire to the Rain (Camren)

Set Fire to the Rain: Camren

I let it fall, my heart,

And as it fell you rose to claim it

It was dark and I was over

Until you kissed my lips and you saved me

My hands, they're strong

But my knees were far too weak,

To stand in your arms

Without falling to your feet

Dammit why can't I just get over her? Dammit it, dammit dammit. She's just a fucking girl. She's moved on so why can't I? Lauren and Camila have recently had some 'troubles' as Camila called it but Lauren called it 'bullshit'. And in Lauren's defense it was in fact some extreme bullshit. Camila cheated. It's that simple. She cheated. After all this time together (which was a year and a half together) she went and cheated on her with none other than Austin Mahone, or as Lauren calls him, Austin Mahornie.

It's four in the morning and here Lauren is, consumed by thoughts of everything that she and the younger Latina had, Lauren ran to the one person she knew she could talk to and get a truthful and honest opinion: Normani. Normani's apartment was right next door so Lauren's taken longer shits than the time it took to get to her house.

~Knock~Knock~Knock~

"Lauren, what the hell are you doing here it's four in the morning!" Normani half complains and half says while yawning.

"Mani, I-I couldn't sleep. It keeps happening. Why can't I just m-move on?" Lauren asks while trying to hold in the tears that were on the verge of spilling.

"Laur, come in. Sit on the couch. Do you want anything to drink? Eat?"

"No I'm fine I just need to talk. I can't get her out of my mind. It's been a three weeks since I found out what happened and while she's out and about with McAsshole, and-d obviously moved on, w-while I'm o-over here c-c-crying myself t-to sleep e-every night. W-why can't I j-just move on?" Well, there goes Lauren's plan of not crying. Midway through the floodgates opened and out came the tears.

"Lauren, I hate to have to tell you this, but you can't chose who you love. It's obvious to me and the other girls that you have always loved Camila. And you probably always will somewhere inside that heart of yours. You still love her, yea she hurt you in so many ways, but you still love her. It's just something you can't tell yourself to stop doing. It's not a matter of the brain; it's a matter of the heart. And that's why it sucks so much because your heart doesn't change its mind once it loves someone." Normani says truthfully while Lauren's crying starts to stop and Lauren chuckles lightly. "Well looky here, someone seems to be laughing?"

"When the fuck did you get so damn wise?"

"I woke up like this – flawless." Normani sings.

"Smartass. But seriously, thanks Mani, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You would be a mess, oh wait you already are. Shoot why am I helping you?" Normani jokes.

"Alright, let's not be an asshole, we already got enough of them to deal with. I'm gonna go back now. Thanks again."

"No problem Lo." And on that note Lauren walks out of Normani's apartment feeling somewhat better. Would she still cry herself to sleep tonight? Yeah, probably. But would she at least feel like things will get better, eventually? Hell fucking yes. Normani's door slammed a little too loud. Shit. Lauren mumbled to herself.