How to Save a Life (Camren)

*I put the Grey's Anatomy version because for anyone that watches the show understands how much the song relates to the show.*

How to Save a Life

Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through

Lauren's POV (kinda)

It was a brisk spring Tuesday. Camila was at her shared home with her teammates and friends watching YouTube videos on her laptop. Lauren was at class in the university's gym. Anatomy and physiology were one of her favorite classes, which went hand in hand with her major; athletic training. It was a normal day, Lauren had class and then practice, and she'd go back home to the house she shared with some of the softball team and soccer team. But with every normal day, comes an abnormal one.

After excusing herself from class to use the restroom Lauren hears something strange. After the click of the lock of the stall door, she hears rushed footsteps and heavy breathing. Instead of relieving herself like she planned she decides to check the scene out. She pokes her head out of the doorway to the women's room and sees a man dressed in all black head up the main stairs. She's unable to tell, however, it seems as if he has a rifle and a few other firearms. In a panic, she runs back to her class.

Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left, and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came

Camila's POV (kinda)

"Mila, Sawyer, Taylor get your asses down here now!" Arizona screams up the stairs to her teammates. One by one they make their way down the stairs and sit in front of the TV. The news is playing. Breaking news.

"Shooting at the University of Los Angeles gymnasium. Two confirmed deaths, number of injuries unknown. Shooter unknown. Police unable to enter yet due to doors being locked shut from the inside," the local news station reporter tells.

"Mila isn't Lauren there right now?" Sawyer asks.

"Camila?" Taylor questions but no response.

"Camila!" Arizona shouts but again no response. After a few minutes of blank staring, Camila snaps out of it and abruptly stands up and walks towards her room. The trio follows closely behind her. She enters her room, grabs the nearest jacket she can find and puts it on.

"Camila, what are you doing, you can't go to school it's dangerous," Taylor informs her as Camila puts on her shoes and remains silent.

As she stands up from the bed Sawyer grabs her arm in an attempt to stop her. "Mila, you can't go there. Look I know you're worried about Lauren, but you can't go put yourself in danger." To no avail, Camila pulls her arm out of her grip and walks back downstairs and right out the front door ignoring her friends' protests.

Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Lauren's POV (kinda)

"Professor, there... there's a shooter we... we have to hide." Lauren manages to get out as she's out of breath from sprinting back to class. In a panic a few students sprint out of class, others hide under desks. Lauren, she hides in the closet, how ironic. The door opens and closes so many times. With each time her heart rate increases and pounds in her ears. This time the door opens and it's following by a click. *Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.* She clasps her hands over her mouth to muffle the scream that would've come out.