From Bad to Worse

I felt like I couldn't breath. My lungs hurt badly and my throat began to get sore from all the screaming. I wanted to just curl up in a ball and cry nonstop but I knew I couldn't. This couldn't be happening, not like this. Quickly I crawled up to my mom and gently placed her head on my lap. I shakily moved her hair from her face and looked to see if there was any sign of life. Her face was pale and her eyelids were halfway closed. That isn't good at all. I carefully placed my ear to her chest to see if she was breathing. I waited and grew scared by the second. Then I heard it. It was faint but it was good enough for me. She was alive and that's all I needed to know. I sighed in relief and turned to see my dad was standing there frozen in shock. I need to get her some help. I can't drag her out myself so I'll have to do my best to keep her alive until then. Using this opportunity, I quickly made a clone and told it to run and find some help. She nodded and ran to the door. My dad then snapped out of it and returned his focus on me. He noticed my clone heading for the door and started running towards her. She saw my dad and her eyes filled with fear. She ran faster trying her best not to get caught. I panicked and jumped down grabbing his leg. Luckily for me he tripped buying my clone enough time to run out the door and escape. I can't risk losing that clone! I don't have enough chakra to make another one! I watched as she ran out the door and let out a breath I was holding. My dad started struggling to stand. I can't let him get up! I held on even tighter to his leg restricting it's movements. He looked down at me with a nasty glare and did what he thought best. He started kicking me fiercly with his other leg making me squeek. This wasn't gonna stop me. I kept a firm grip and shut my eyes closed trying to withstand the pain. My arms began to get numb as his kicks got more forceful. I could feel bruising all over my body and his kicks were forming cuts along my right arm and leg. My breathing was ragged and I was growing tired. Blood trickled down my wounds as I forced myself to hold on tighter. I knew I wouldn't last much longer so with the last of my strength, I bit him. He screamed out as my teeth slowly sunk into his skin. His kicks got more forceful but that made me bite even harder. Blood poured in my mouth as my teeth went in deeper. It tasted horrible but I have to stall as much as I can. He suddenly decided to throw his switchblade at me in an effort to get me off. Luckily it didn't make a direct hit but it still cut the side of my neck. I winced as my neck stung letting blood freely fall. This was too much, I was starting to lose feeling in most of my body. I felt my hands slowly losing their grip. Frustrated, he put lots of strength into one last kick. My teeth released his leg as his foot connected with my face. What's worse is that he kicked directly in front of my eye. I yelped in pain and fell backwards as I lost my grip. Immediately I curled up and gently covered my eye letting out whimpers. I was tired and panting trying to catch my breath. Carefully I opened my good eye and saw my dad slowly limp over to me. He bent down and grabbed a fistful of my hair. Forcefully he yanked me up by hair making me stand. I had to stand on my toes just so I wouldn't feel like my scalp was being ripped off. My face scrunched up as he kept a strong grip. Tears sprung to my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I cautiously looked in to his eyes and studied his face. His coal black hair clung to his face with sweat. He was breathing hard as he stared at me with the crimson red eyes we share. His eyes though weren't the ones I knew. They were filled with so many emotions I couldn't tell. The longer I stared, The more my heart hurt. The tears overflowed and I couldn't take it anymore. I cried feeling all the physical and emotional ache. How could he do this! What reason could he have! My father would never do something like this, he loved us very much! I'm so confused! I looked deep into his eyes with a frown and tears dripping down my cheeks.

    "Why?" I croaked out feeling the dryness of my throat. He blankly stared at me, no emotion what so ever on his face. This look on his face, it was frightening.

    "why.....WHY!?!!" He screamed out with venom.

    "It's because I'M TIRED THAT'S WHY!!" He yelled out seething with anger. He then seemed to calm down and it got silent until I heard a small snicker. His hair covered his eyes as he started to laugh. His laughter was terrifying and made me start to shake. He pulled me by the hair causing me to squirm. I was then thrown roughly to the floor. I cried out in pain and looked him in the eyes. My eyes widened at his face. His eyes were crazed and he had a large crooked smile.