small town love

I got into my Tahoe and started it. it was jacked up with a loud exhaust and everyone knew I was at their house because of it.

I backed out of my driveway and drove down the road and went through the town.

when I got to the school gym, some teachers were there but no students.

I started practicing with my coach and we started carrying a conversation.

"how's your family? I haven't seen your dad around town lately." she said trying not to over step her bounds.

"yeah I know. he left. moved on to bigger and better things." I told her as I imagined his face as the ball I just spiked.

"when did that happen?" she asked surprised at my power.

"Fifth grade." I said as I stepped off the court for my first water break.

"that long ago? he was around for longer than that though right?" she asked.

"not long after. the last time I heard from him was in a letter I found at his desk at his work. that was in seventh grade." I told her as I checked my phone.

four texts and three calls from my brothers.

"ah. well I think we can finish up for today. come by tomorrow and we'll start working on digs ok?" she said forgetting the earlier topic.

"got it coach. see you tomorrow. I'll text you when I leave my house." I told her.

"k cool." she said as she started walking to the coach's offices.

I walked to my car and rolled down the windows. I drove out of the parking lot and went to the pier.

I was in my spandex and a compression shirt with my volleyball shorts.

my oldest brother came up on the side of my car and got in.

"why couldn't you bring your car here?" I asked him.

"just shut up and go home. I have a date with Camille tonight. I gotta get dressed." he said as he started playing with the radio.

"when are you cutting the line with her? you always complain about her but never do anything about it." I asked him as we rode through town to our house.

"just shut up wes." he said turning the radio up louder.

I respected him and didn't talk till we got home.

I shut the car off and sat there with the windows rolled up while brandon was still in the car.

"what's going on. why the attitude? you're never like this." I told him.

he broke down. "me and Camille did it and she thinks she's preg. you can't tell anyone because we don't know yet. she hasn't took a test yet. no one knows so you can't tell anyone."

"why would you do that bray? you're better than that." I told him.

"I know. I don't know what happened. just don't tell anyone okay?" he asked nervously.

"yeah I know." I said.

we got out the car and my little brother ran up to me. "Wesley!" he said as he jumped in my arms.

"Wesley!" Taylor came running from across the street.

"Tay. come on. I know you're practically my brother but a little over the top huh?" I said laughing.

Taylor was my brothers best friend since daycare, which made him my brother. I have five real brother. I'm the only girl of six kids.

these are all of us in order. Braydon(21), Sam(19), Chase(18), me(18), Hunter(15), and Luke(9).

me and chase are twins and Taylor is chase's best friend. Taylor's brothers, were my brothers too.

for his family they had four boys. Jesse(22), Thomas(20), Will(19), and Taylor(18).

so all in all, I had nine brothers who were all over protective and never let me date.

did I mention that I was in love with Taylor? I don't think I did.