stories

"taylor lets go. we don't have all day. I have practice and you do too." I told him as he took his time setting up his tee.

"wes I canceled both of ours. put in a slip and everything. no be quiet." he said back.

sam, hunter, will, Thomas, and I were waiting for taylor to take his shot.

"so when did everything start?" will asked me.

"like when did I start liking him or when did we start seeing each other?" I said back.

"the first one." they all said.

"for both of us, it was the summer before sophomore year. we went to the lake in the neighborhood at like two in the morning and we had no clue each other was there. I sat down and at that point my aunt had just died and your dad was giving your mom trouble so we both had a lot. he came and sat by me and I started crying and I told him what I was feeling and he told me. I was just happy I had someone and somewhere to let my feelings out. that's all I wanted. was a friend like that and he made it happen and we started getting closer to the point where we were best friends. that's when it started." I told them as taylor took a shitty shot and then walked over to us.

"she's right. she was my best friend. the person I could tell anything to and I knew she wasn't going to tell anyone. we both needed one and we found it. when I heard her talking on the phone I walked out my apartment to go see if it was her and she was walking out I couldn't believe it. I decided to just tell her and see what she said." he told them.

"well it's about time." chase said behind us.

"just go." I told him as I looked at taylor.

taylor looked at me then the boys. Luke ran up to him and gave him a hug.

they started talking and then I realized that taylor wants to be a dad even though he always said he didn't.

*IN MY DORM ROOM*

everyone had left to go home and taylor and I were eating popcorn and watching a movie.

it was 'the backup plan' with Jennifer Lopez.

"do you want to be a dad?" I asked him.

"only if you wanna be my kids mom." he said smiling.

I immediately melted inside. I smiled and gave him a kiss.

"why'd you ask?" he said.

"I was just wondering. seeing you with Luke made me think about it. you're practically one of his multiple dads if you think about it. it's not like he actually has one ya know?" I said.

"just cause your dad did what he did doesn't mean y'all don't have one." he said.

"I'm not talking about me." I said.

"well I am." he said as he got up.

I got up with him and took out the materials for dinner.

Taylor's phone rang and I answered it.

"hey chase." I said

"where's taylor?" he said quickly.

I gave taylor the phone and then looked at him.

his face hardened and his whole body tensed. I walked over to him and that's when he threw the phone across the room and ran to his dorm.

I ran after him and saw him punching his wall.

"taylor. taylor stop it." I said as I grabbed his arm.

he shrunk to the floor and I held him in my arms.

"what's wrong taylor?" I said softly.

"he's gone Wesley." he said as tears streamed down his face. he looked up at me and I wiped them from his cheeks.

"who is?" I asked quietly.

"dad. he's gone." he said as he gripped my shirt. he kept on crying and I just sat there kissing his forehead until he calmed down.

"honey it's ok. taylor look at me." I told him softly.

he looked up and his eyes were so sad. "I don't know what to do. I wanna go and see everyone but at the same time I wanna stay here with you and just do nothing and sleep." he said as he rested his head in my lap.

"why don't we go back and you can sleep-" taylor cut me off.

"I just wanna stay here. with you." he said as he stood up.

he pulled me up and then picked me up. he kissed me and I kissed back.

he put me on the couch and started tickling me.

"taylor. taylor. stop." I said as I was laughing.

he smiled and kept going.

"taylor please stop." I said as I was still laughing.

he stopped and then kissed me strongly. "I love you." he said softly.

"I love you too taylor." I told him.