surprises

"Taylor?" I asked reluctantly.

"oh hey. I didn't know you got that apartment. I bet it's really nice." he said nicely.

"yeah. you live in this one?" I asked pointing to the one he was standing in front of.

"yep. just me." he said confidently.

"cool. well I'm going to the grocery store. see you around." I told him as I started walking away.

"hey listen do you think we could like go to orientation together?" he asked.

"Taylor, it's in this building." I told him.

"I know but I was just wondering if you wanted to go with me you know? like I only know you and you only know me." he said.

"I don't only know you. I've met some people. I know them too. but to answer your question, no thank you." I told him sweetly.

I can't believe I just said no to Taylor Matthew Davis.

*AFTER ORIENTATION*

I was walking into my dorm and Taylor was walking out.

"hey me and a friend of mine are going eat. do you wanna come?" he asked.

"no thanks. I'm cooking here." I told him.

"can I come?" he asked?

"you have plans." I told him.

"I was joking to make it seem like I had a friend. can I?" he asked again.

"yeah sure." I told him opening the door.

I cooked pan-fried fish with some wedged potatoes that I baked with olive oil, garlic, and seasoning. we both had a few beers.

we ate everything and then watched a movie.

Taylor looked at me numerous times and opened his mouth like he wanted to talk but didn't.

we watched another movie.

at the middle of the movie Taylor looked at me.

"do you feel the same way towards me as I do you?" he said in his husky voice.

"what way is that?" I asked him nervously.

"kiss me." he said.

I shook my head. "you need to leave. you're drunk and you're trying to have sex with me and if chase ever found out he would kill both of us. you need to leave."

"wes I'm not drunk. and I don't give a shit about if he thinks this is right. how long have you liked me?" he asked.

"since we went into sophomore year." I told him quietly.

"the same exact time." he said.

"by the lake?" I asked.

"by the lake." he said quietly.

"Taylor we can't do this. you need to leave and go to GSU. I can't do this. I have volleyball and you have football and we're totally different." I told him unsure.

"just tell me this. if I left would you be better off?" he asked.

I shook my head no. I ran to him across the room and gave him a hug. "do you love me?" I asked him.

"wesley I love you so much you wouldn't even understand." he said into my ear.