chapter 1

Tyler and Isis were out of town and they left Carman with Mike. I honestly didn't want to stay alone so I went to stay with Mike. Carman is almost 2 now. Me and Mike have grown close latley. He's my best friend. I was laying in the bed thinking about everything and how my life had changed. I couldn't slept. Finally after 10 minutes I went to sleep.

I was laying in the bed in a dark and cold ass room. I tried to get up and I realized I was chained to the bed. I moved my arms and tried tried break free. These chains were really hurting my wrists. The door opened and a little bit of light shunned through. It wasn't enough where I would see the person.
"Stop making all that noise hoe." He said. His voice sounded all too familiar and it sent chills down my spine. I walked over to me and unbuttoned my pants. I started screaming and kicking. I knew who it was. The man that raped me before. He grabbed my waist to try and make me be still. "Hold still before I beat your ass." He threatened. I started sobbing. He pulled down my clothes and went in. He hurt me so bad I tried kicked but it hurt even more. I was helpless. As usual. I tried fighting but my body got weak and I couldn't anymore. I layed there and cried.

I woke up sweating and I didn't realize I was crying. Loud. I was even shaking. It's been almost 2 years and these dreams won't stop.

"Lani? What's wrong??" Mike asked me.

I shook my head and he pulled me close to him probably knowing what was wrong with me. I layed back down and he wrapped his arms around me and caressed my hand.

"It's just a dream Lani. You're safe. He's not coming back. He can't hurt you anymore." I layed there and cried and he kissed the back of my head.

I eventually went back to sleep in his arms. I knew I was safe.
*****
I went downstairs and started cooking. I had cooked me and Carman something to eat. Mike was still asleep. I went to the top of the stairs.
"Cee-Cee come eat!" I yelled. I heard her tiny feet running down the hallway out her room.

"What did you cook Auntee?" She asked me.
"Pancakes and eggs." We walked down the stairs in the kitchen and I picked her up and sat her in the chair.
"Where's daddy?"

"He's sleeping baby."
"Auntee it's confusing having two daddies. I don't know who my real daddy is. But it's fun because I have two and I get double the gifts. I still get confused bc one daddy lives with mommy and they always kiss and hug and then the other daddy lives her and they just hug and talk. Who is my real daddy?"

"I tell you what, I'm gonna go get daddy and he can explain this all to you." I walked up stairs and got Mike.
"Mike Cee-Cee is asking who her real daddy is because she in confused. So come down here and explain this to her." We walked back down the stairs and into the kitchen
Mike pov
"Come here daddy's princess. So what exactly are you confused about? " She came and sat in my lap.

"About who is my real daddy. I have two Daddys and it's fun but I don't know who should be my favorite. " I thought about it and I mean I didn't want to share her but I wasn't going to turn her against Tyler. He loves her alot.

"Okay baby listen you have two daddy's that love you very much. You shouldn't have a favorite. I'll explain all this to you when you're older but I'm your blood father bc of what happened with me and mommy. Tyler is your step father who is married to mommy. We are both your father. And it would hurt us very much if you had a favorite."

"Okay daddy."

"Now can I have a special kiss?" She nodded her head and we rubbed our noses together. "We're gonna go shopping so when y'all get finished eating get ready so we can go.
******
Kehlani's pov
Mike was with Carman getting her some toys and clothes and I went into Macy's to get me some clothes. I was looking through this rack for a dress in my size and I noticed this guy that would look up at me every once in a while but ignored him. I held up the dress to me and imagined it on myself.
"I think that would look great on you." He said. I didn't even notice he walked to me. I must say he was fine asf. And his smile melted me. I smiled back at him and said thank you.

"What's your name?"

"Kehlani." He held out his hand and I gave him mine and he kissed it.

"My name is Mordecai. You are very beautiful."

"Thank you." I walked away from him and to the shoe section and he followed me.

"Can I get your number?" I slightly smirked to myself stopped and turned around and looked at him. He flashed me a small smile.

"Hand me your phone." He took out his I phone 6+ and I put my number in it.

"Thank you pretty lady."

"No problem." I walked away from him and went a found a pair of shoes to go with my dress. He was fine as hell. And don't even get me started on his smile. It was so gorgeous with his is pearly white teeth. He had tattoos on his arms which was even better. I smiled to my self and kept shopping.

542-478-3945: Hey this is Mordecai. You can call me Cai tho

Me: Hey
I saved his number in my phone

Cai: Can I you out Saturday?

Me: I don't even know you yet

Cai: Now see if you go out with me Saturday then we could fix all of that.

Me: I'll think about it.

Cai: No rush baby girl just get back to me later
I smiled and ran back to the dresses to find a dress for thee date bc I was sure as hell going.
****
Mike Pov
We were on our way home and Lani was smiling and texting on her phone. I wonder who she was texting to be smiling like that. I couldn't help but wonder who is was.
"Who you texting?"
"None of your business ass." She said smiling at me letting him know she was playing.
"Hoe you are my business who you texting?"
"Daddy what's a hoe?" Carman asked me. Lani busted out laughing.
"Nothing princess. Don't worry about that." That's something that she'll never become or I will beat her ass. Swear to god.

"I met this guy in Macy's and his name is Mordecai. "

"What the fuck is a Mordecai? How old is that nigga?" I didn't want her with anybody. Let this Nigga hurt her and it's gone be his ass.

"He's 21."

"He'll no. Hellll no. That nigga too old for you. Try again. Tell Mykeil bye."

"Mordecai"

"Melachi, Mulan, Mykeil, Michelangelo, Miles. I don't care. This Nigga twenty one messing around with a 18 year old. What the hell?"
She reached to the radio and turned the music up so Carman couldn't hear her I guess.

"Last time I checked I was 16 and you were 19 trying to get with me so don't you dare say shit about Cai. You're twenty one now. And you're not my father." I took and deep breathe, shook my head and turned down the music.
.........
Hope y'all like this chapter. Hopefully this book is better than the first. Excuse any mistakes please