chapter 17

I walked in the hospital and went straight to Tre.

"What happened?"

"He was drunk and speeding and he hit a pole. That's all I know but they're letting us see him now I just wanted to wait for you to get here before I went back and you can go so him first. 287."

"Okay." I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "By the way this is Mike. Mike this is Tre my brother in a way." I ran down the hallway while they talked to Cai's room. I hope he's okay. I just feel like this is all my fault because I left him and when he gets stressed he drinks.

I knocked on the door and walked in the room. I looked over him and he didn't have a shirt on because his stomach and chest was wrapped in bandages. His arm was wrapped up too. His face was cut up and bruised and he was just laying there.

"Cai?" He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Who are you?" He asked and shifted his body. He groaned in pain. I got up and sat beside him and grabbed his hand. Apparently he doesn't remember me...I don't know if I should say ex or fiancé so I don't scare him off. I just opened my mouth and let something come out.

"I'm...I'm your fiancé. Kehlani?"

"I don't know you." He said. My heart fell to the pit of my stomach.

"I'm Kehlani your fiancé and I'm pregnant with our child. Cai you have to remember me."

"I don't remember you. And who is Cai and you sure don't look pregnant." He said trying to sit up and look at my belly. He winced and pain and I stood up and made him lay back down. I looked in his eyes and he looked in mine and something clicked. I smiled to myself and sat back down. "You still don't look pregnant to me."

I giggled and shook my head. "It's because I'm only a month and like 2 weeks. I have a really tiny baby bump and I'm wearing a big shirt so you can't see it. But imma go get there doctor." I got up and went to find Dr. Samuel. "Dr. Sam. For some reason Mordecai King doesn't remember things."

"Yes, Mr. King has memory loss." I looked at him like he was stupid. He ain't gave me no type of information.

"Um is it short term or long term?"

"We think and hope it short term. Follow me. " We walked to his office and he got a dry erase board and marker and we went to Cai's room again. He stopped at the door. "What's his brother's name?"

"Trequavion King."

"How do you spell it?"

"T-R-E-Q-U-A-V-I-O-N." He nodded and opened his door.

"Mr. King. As I told you once before I'm Dr. Samuel. I need you to write the name Trequavion on here." He scrunched his nose and I found it cute even though his cheeks were a little cut up. "Do you recognize that name?"

"Yes." He started writing and turned the board around. Dr. Sam nodded his head.

"Well its good that he has writing skills and recognizes the name. Mr. King Trequavion is your brother."

"Is he here?" Mr. King nodded and walked out.

"That man is making me ill. He ain't told me shit about what's going on with you. I'm about to go get Tre and we gone work on your memory when you get out of here." I went to the waiting room and straight to Mike. He pecked my lips and I turned to Tre. He had his eye opened wide.

"Ca-" before I finish he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder walking away. I just looked at Mike and shrugged my shoulders and he laughed. When we got out side I hit Tre in his chest for picking me up.