chapter 24

I walked in the house and went and jumped on my bed. Tre followed me and sat down beside me.

"I do have feelings for you. And I know you're with Mike and you love him very much and that's why I haven't said anything. I didn't want you to stress about it either because I'm sure you see me as a brother. I just thought I might put that out there." He layed down and looked at me.

"I do. Very, very much. Don't get me wrong I love you, but not in that way. You're the brother I've never had. But you could've told me at any time. There are clothes in the closet you can wear, but they're Cai's." He got up threw them on and came and got on the bed.

I layed my head on his chest and after while I didn't realize I was crying until he wiped my face.

"What's wrong?"

"I miss him so much. I never got a chance to tell him I forgive him and he's never gonna get to see his baby. I thought we would go through this together. What am I supposed to say when my child ask me where their daddy is? Am I gone be like 'he was shot but his own sister?'"

"I know it's hard. I really do. But you'll always have me and Mike. So don't stress it Lani. That baby is gonna have alot of father figures. I'm the god father maybe someday Mike will be the step father. They won't even have the need to ask that question. Okay?" I nodded my head and he lifted me up and wiped my face.

I woke up the next day to a knock on my do and I was laying on Tre's chest. I got up and ran down stairs and answered it and it was Cai's mama.

"Hey mama?"

"Hey Darling. So I found this is Cai's old room under his bed. I think he left it when he proposed to you that night and it was meant for you." She handed me a box with my name written on it. I gave her a hug and she walked back to her car and drove off.

I went and sat on the couch with my feet under me and stared at the box. I finally brought myself to open it and it was a card and a long gold box with a bow on it.

Dear Lani,
I love you so much and I m glad I got the guts to walk up to you that day in Macy's. You light up my world and make it shine bright. You've made me the happiest man on this world and I wouldn't trade you for anything. One day I see us in the back yard with our kids playing duck duck goose or something. I can't wait for that day to come. You will forever be in my heart and make my heart smile Kehlani Grace King. You are and forever will be my lil ugly baby.

The sun shined in the window and hit the card. I smiled at it and wiped away my fallen tear and opened the box and it was a necklace. It had MK on the front of the heart and it opened up and had KJ on the inside in graved with Love Cai.

I put the necklace on and went to my room to hang up the card. It's a little sad that we won't ever be in the back yard watching our kids play duck duck goose but he'll probably be watching from up above anyway. I wrote Tre a note telling him I was gonna run by Mike's and I'd be back. I grabbed my keys to the Kia. I decided to drive the car he bought me today.

I opened the door and walked to Mike's room. He was standing in the window looking outside. He heard the door open and turned around. When he saw it was me he pulled me into a hug and didn't let me go.

"Lani I'm so sorry for what I said. I won't say no shit like that anymore. That was stupid asf and I'm so sorry for even letting it come out my mouth or even so much as thinking it. I love you girl." He said hugging me tighter.

"I love you too. Look." I lifted up the heart and showed it to him. He slightly smiled and nodded.

"That's really pretty."

"Yeah. His mom found it and brought it to me. It came with a card to. God I miss him." He kissed my forehead.

"I know. Trust." He lifted my chin and kissed me.  "I love you so much."

"I love you too."
******
Y'all this chapter just damn emotional😂I'm sorry. Epilogue coming TONIGHT. Stay tuned. Love y'all