chapter 2

Mike pov
I was sitting on the couch and the door bell rang. I got up and went to answer it. I'm guessing this was this Mulan nigga.
"Wassup?" I asked him.
"I'm here to pick up Keh."
"Aight look Mulan, Musi, whatever the hell your name is you better not hurt Kehlani or its your ass. That's on god."
He stepped closer to me.
"My name is Cai and as for Kehlani don't worry about me and mine. I can handle her. She in damn good hands. So miss me with all that bullshit acting like you her daddy."
I opened my mouth to say something and I heard Lani's voice.
"Hey Cai." She said coming down the stairs. She had on some light grey joggers and a red and white crop top Hoodie I guess to match Mushi cuz he was wearing red and white too. I just shook my head and moved to the side. I kissed her forehead.
"Have a good night lil mama, bye Mushi. " She rolled her eyes.
"It's Cai now bye I love you. " She said.
"I love you too."
Lani's pov
"So you know how you told me that you have always wanted to learn to play piano?"

I smirked and nodded.

"Well I'm taking you to this place called the piano house."

We pulled up 5 minutes later. We got out his black camaro and walked into the pretty building. He signed in on a paper and got a room number and we walked to our room. It was really pretty in here. I looked at the piano and I was mesmerized. It's was gorgeous he sat down and patted the stool for me to sit beside him. He started playing this song and it was beautiful. He started singing and it was so amazing. I was shocked by his voice.
"This is mine you can't take it. As long as I've got love I can make it. For once in my life I have someone who needs me. For once I can say this is mine you can't take it. As long as I know I have long love I can make it. For once I can feel I can feel that's somebody's hears my plea." There was so much emotion in his voice. It felt real. It was so much passion. It sounded like the words were real to him like they mattered. I hate to say it but I almost cried to be honest.

"Who is the person?" I asked him. He smiled at me. God his smile is amazing.

"No one yet. Hopefully one day I can sing that song and it means something to and for someone."

"How did you put so much emotion into it if it wasn't for anyone?"

"You have to feel the words Keh. Let them come from here." He said pointing to his heart. "Not here." He said pointing to my mouth and head. "I could sing about green bean cassarole that I've never ate in my life and act like it's the best thing in world. You have to feel the lyrics not just know them. Watch." He started sing the Barney song and he actually put emotion into it. I couldn't help but laugh and we both ended up laughing together.

"Can you sing?"

"Not really." I really didn't think I could sing but everyone else did.

"Name a random song that pops into your head when I say this name."
I nodded. "Whitney Houston."

"I have nothing." He started to play the song motioning for me to sing.

"Don't make close one more door I don't wanna hurt anymore stay in my arms if you dare or must I imagine you there? Don't walk away from me no. I have nothing, nothing, nothing don't make me close one more door I don't wanna hurt anymore stay in my arms if you dare or must I imagine you there. Don't walk away me. I have nothing nothing nothing if I don't have you." He stopped playing and turned to me.

"Where in the hell can't you sing at? Keh you have a amazing voice. Okay you hit the note and gave that "boom" I guess you could say, that everyone fails to give in her song but I didn't feel the emotion. And sing more from your stomach. Bring out and carry the sound don't be shy. Start from the nothing nothing nothing low part where you go into it. Sing from your heart. Find the lyrics withing you. Imagine the person you love more than anything is about to walk out on you. Tell them youre lost without them. Relate it back to you life if you can." He started playing again. I could relate it back to my life sort of. When I had to leave my dad and sister that was the most horrible day of my life almost. And I had nothing without them.

"I have nothing nothing nothing. Don't make me close one more door. I don't wanna hurt anymore stay in my arms if you dare or must I imagine you there? Don't want away from me I have nothing nothing nothing if I don't have you."

"Yes baby girl. That was it. I felt it. I felt you. I felt the pain. Good job. But look in all seriousness, I really wanna get to know you."

"Well I have a sister named-"

"No, I see the pain in your eyes. I see that you've been hurt, that your scared." He said searching for my eyes because I looked away from him when he said that. "I wanna know you. All you problems. Everything."

I sat the and looked at the floor and I blinked my tears away. I feel like I can trust him though.

"Long story short I was abused all my life. I got taken away from my family at 8. They were my everything. I was mentally, physically, and emtionally abused. I had gotten raped at the age of 16 by a person that was supposed to be my family. I got pregnant and had a abortion." I tried to wipe my fallen tears but he took my hands and did it for me. He kissed my forehead gently. And pulled me to him.

"You have a horrible past but things are bound to get better. Don't even worry about that baby girl. You live in the present and find you. Search for you again. Don't be that same little scared girl who doesn't trust anyone." He rubbed my back. He made me feel much better.
××××××××××××××××
Kehlani and Cai in the mm. Sorry for any mistakes I'll post a video of the song tomorrow. BTW Mordecai is this guy and his real name is Jordan. Rip baby boy. Fly his lil red