Chapter 1 TUESDAY December 26 8:00 am LOCATION: My House

"KATIEEE! KATTIEE!" I awake with a start as I hear that one word banging inside my head. I pull the covers over my face and ignore the loud sound of my brother yelling.
'Ding' I jump out of my bed and reach for my phone. It was Alex.
"Hey baby."
I cringe in disgust as I type back
"Leave me alone you creep."
Then the noise started again.
"KATIEEE! KATIEEE! GET DOWN HERE ITS TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL!" Except this time it wasn't my annoying little brother. It was my mother.
"Coming! Just give me a sec!" I yell downstairs while combing my hair.
"MAX IS GOING TO BE LATE! COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW." My mom screams louder than before.
I grab my phone and I feel it buzz in my hand.
I check the text.
"Hey Katie, want to meet later and have a chat?"
I see the number is blocked and type.
"Who is this?"
"It doesn't matter, if you don't come after school, to oak wood park, I'll kill someone you care about." They reply.
"Is this some kind of sick joke? I'm blocking whoever this is and I'm not meeting you anywhere." I type in fury.
"Your loss. ;)"
I delete the conversation and block the number. That was so horrible, I swear if it was Alex I'll kill him.
"Hey mom, after school I'm going to Jackie's house so, don't pick me up." I say smiling as leaning in for a kiss.
"Don't play that game with me." She says pushing me away.
"Mom!? What game? What do you mean?" I ask.
I got a interesting text message from Mr. Kavler. He says you refused to meet him at the park after school for extra studies." She says glaring at me.
I look at my mom confused, he never texted me to meet him at the park, though someone did. But, he would email my mom, not text me.
"No, mom. I have a good explanation. Some person texted me and it was a blocked number and I thought it was some creep." I said laughing. But my mom wasn't laughing at all.
"Well sorry Katie, your not going anywhere besides the park." My mom says.
"What? Mom! Come on!" I say angrily.
"Don't you dare use that tone with me." My mom says as she grabs her handbag and walks out the door.
I am about to leave for school when I get another message.
"There are far worse consequences. You'll find one out if you don't come tonight." The message said, from the blocked number.
"Your not Mr. Kavler and I'm not meeting you creep anywhere." I respond.
"Ok." They respond. Then I hear a crash from downstairs! I check the basement and see a rock and shattered glass. I turn over the Rock and there's a note taped on it.
It says:
Hello Katie, why don't instead we meet at my house, I'm having a dinner party and your friend Alex is already here. ;)"
I look at the letter and realize it is sticky, I move my finger off the left corner a scream. There was a splat of blood on the paper. I run upstairs to call 911, but I see my bedroom door half open. I look down and muddy footprints stain the carpet. Someone's here, and it's too late to call the police. They've disconnected the phone. I run downstairs and lock the door. I put a chair in front of it. Then I hear a loud blast and a spark flashes in my face. They've cut the power. I hear footsteps and see the shadow of them under the door. I remembered that I have my cell phone on me. I turn it on and see a count down alarm on my screen in red letters. 5....4....3....2....