Chapter 14

I was waiting for the intense feeling of a heart getting ripped out of my body. But, nothing happened. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Levi standing still. I stood up slowly and then heard a gurgling noise come from Levi. I stepped back alarmed and ran towards the door. I heard a faint noise, I turned back and looked to see a shadow of a man behind Levi.

"Katie." A voice says hoarsely.

"Who is that?" I say ready to fight.

Levi falls to the ground and all that's left standing was my father. With two knives in his hands.

"I'm here to save you, my baby." He says as he faints to the ground.

I run towards him and check his pulse. Still breathing. I move his hair out of his eyes and see them flicker open.

"Katie. Your okay." He says sitting up.

"Dad? I thought you wanted to kill me." I say helping him up on his feet.

"No, katie, I was trying to save you." He says.

"How did you know Levi was after me?" I ask.

"Don't thank me. I came with help." He says while two shadows come out into the open.

"Kai! Emma!" I say as I run towards them.

"Good to see your alive I guess." Emma says ridiculing the situation.

"Glad your fine...where's Brody?" He asks looking around.

I swallow as a lump in my throat builds up.
Emma looks at me as her smirk turns to horror as she read my mind.

"Kai, he's dead...Levi killed him." Emma says as she collapses to the ground.

"That's not possible! Brody's stronger than him." Kai says looking at the limp body of Levi.

"He's not dead."' My father interrupts. "He's just stunned. To kill him you need to take his powers away." My dad says.

"How we gonna do that?" Kai asks.

"I know just the way. A girl. Caroline told me about her before she..." I say as I start to tear up even more.

"It's ok...now let's see how Levi acts against the one person who can stop him..." Emma says.

"The rave. Is where we need to go." I say pointing towards a blue velvet building in the distance.

Kai and Emma walk ahead of me and my dad while we slowly stagger back into the glimmering horizon.

•••

The rave is a huge place and hard to find people. But the upside is, more time to take for the company now that, Levi's in his beauty sleep. As Kai and Emma search the bar and dance floor my dad and I rest on a few chairs. A woman strolls up to us and asks if we would like a drink. I nod my head but she insists. My dad looks over suspiciously to see the bar tender talking to the woman. I glance at the woman and notice a gun in her back pocket of her waitress outfit. I pretend to tie my shoe as my dad follows along.

"There's a gun in the back pocket of the woman's uniform." I whisper.

"I know. The bartender put something in our drinks. Do not take a sip." He says as he leans back upward and I follow shortly.

The woman comes back and smiles at us as she puts the drinks down on the table. She stands there smiling waiting for us to drink.

"Well, here is the best wine in town. Drink up." She says still smiling.

"Wait, Ms. I think you might have a loose thread on your back." I say pointing to the gun holster.

"Oh, thank you, I will get that." She says walking away fastly. But I was faster

I grabbed the gun and quickly unholstered it and put it to her back.

"Don't say a word. Lead us somewhere private to talk and I'll let you live." I say whispering trying to hide the gun out of sight.

My dad follows silently behind me as we walk towards a door that says 'employees only' and push the girl against the wall.

"Who are you?!" I scream pushing the gun against her throat.

"I'm the one your looking for." She says as she throws me against the wall.
I ache in pain as she sprints through the back door. My dad follows closely as I get up from the ground.

"Who is she katie?" My father asks running.

"The girl. The one who can save us." I say running as fast as I can to catch up to her.

"We are not your enemy." I say holstering the gun and searching for her in the parking lot.

"Then why did you try to kill me." She says stepping out from behind a BMW Mercedes.

"We didn't know it was you." My father said sincerely.

"What do you want with me? How did you find me?" She asks suspicious.

"Caroline. She said you were good friends and you saved her life from Levi." I say as she takes two steps closer.

"Caroline. Where is she?" She says searching.

"She's dead. Levi killed her." I say as a lump forms inside of my throat.

"No. She can't be. Why did you come here? To tell me this? You must be working for EMD." She says frantically as she backs away.

"No. Caroline told us to come here. She said the your the only one who could really kill Levi.." I say pleading.

"Your friends are in trouble." She says while looking at the sky.

"What do you mean? What friends?" I ask.

"The blonde girl and the brown haired man." She says.

"Kai! Emma!" I say about to run into the club and try to find them.

"It's too late. They're gone." She says looking at me.

"They are dead?" My father asks.

"No. Much worse than that. They have become one of them." She says as her face turns from frustration to horror.

"What do you mean one of them?" I ask and almost simultaneously as the girl points at the door, Kai and Emma appear from inside and snarl at me.

"Kai...Emma talk to me." I say pleading and begging.

"They are not available right now try again later?" A scratched voice says cackling.

Just when things couldn't get any worse, Kai and Emma's heads whipped to one side and fell lifelessly to the floor.

"NO!" I scream trying to run towards them.

"Surprise, surprise." Levi says walking in between Kai and Emma's lifeless body.

"Oh hello Lucy." He says looking at the girl hiding behind my father. "Delighted to see you again."

And that's when things got much worse.