Chapter 8 Sunday December 31st Time: unkown Location: unkown

"You're next." Brody says.

Those two annoying words are in my head for the rest of the train ride home. I had no idea who I was and what kind of life I was living until now. It's a lie. It's all a big lie. They told me to stay with them but, I need to save my mom and my brother. The train stops to abrupt halt at Central Grand Station in New York City. I hear the people next to me talking about how Ellen Degeneres just interviewed Selena Gomez and she said she still has feelings for Justin. How can people live just knowing what's on the news and what they are told?  That's not living. Living is knowing the truth, knowing what is going on around you. Not hearing about some stupid gossip on TV or in a Magazine. A lady comes by and asks if I want anything to drink. I look up.

"A water will be fine, Thank you." I say smiling at the girl. She looks at me weirdly and runs over to another man. She whispers something and that mans ear and points at me. I sit up startled and start to pack my things. I look up and the lady is now talking to two other men in suits. I get up and run to the next train car. People look at me as I sprint down the hallway towards the back of the train. I hear footsteps behind me and men yelling. I finally make it to the storage car and hear someone coming down the hallway. I crouch behind a box of vegetables and carefully peek out. The man is armed with a taser and a loaded gun. I scan the man for any loose threads or ripped clothing that I could trip him with but, his suit was perfectly tailored not even a thread sticking out. As he turns his back towards me, I lunge for him and grab his gun out of his pocket. He turns around and puts his hands up.

"Who are you?!" I ask cocking the gun back.

"We were sent by your dad! We thought you were kidnapped." The man says nervously.

"Oh, well in that case..." I say as I fire the gun into the mans leg. He screeches in pain as blood drips down his pants. I start to walk out of the storage car and then the man tells "Wait!"

"What?" I say walking back towards him.

"Here," he says while pulling something out of his coat pocket. "Your dad said to give this to you." He says handing a red stuffed animal with a black line running through its body.

I look at it closer and realize it's a teddy bear. Teddy bears were my favorite. I put the bear in my suitcase and walk or of the train car. As I walk up the stairs I see there is a note attached to the teddy bear.
It reads:

"Dear Katie,
I hope you are okay.
I brought you this gift so you
Would feel at home again
Love, dad"

I hear a voice behind me, I swerve around and point my gun at the shadow on the glass-stained window.

"Don't move." I say cocking the gun.

"You wouldn't shoot your father, would you?" The voice asks.

A figure steps out from behind a crate and I realized it was my father.

"Dad?" I say shivering at the sight of him.

"Yes it's me Katie, I'm here now put the gun down." He says calmly while lowering his hands slowly.

"No." I say holding back my fear. That's the first time I've ever disobeyed my dad.

"Did you just say no?" He said lowering his hands towards his back pocket.

"Your a monster. You experiment on humans. You hurt three kids who were normal until you did this." I say raising the gun towards his head.

"Katie, they are lying to you, they are just trying to get you to turn against me." He says.

"No they showed me the truth." I say my hands trembling.

"Katie that video was fake." He says calmly.

"No. I saw your face. You liked it. Seeing someone suffer like that. Just like when you used to hit mom." I say loading the gun.

"Katie! Don't you dare say that!" He says putting his hand in his pocket. He slowly takes it out and I see a tip of a silver blade.

"Your a liar. Don't ever come home again." I say.
I then pull the trigger. A blaring sound of a bullet surrounds the train car. It was louder than I expected. Suddenly I see my dad on the floor with a bullet hole in his chest area. I try to hold back the tears with all my might. I then walk away towards the stairs. As I start walking up I see two man walk down towards me. They were my dads men. I run back down the stairs and see my dad holding up the blade in his hand.

"It didn't have to be this way, Katie." He says holding his chest tight.

I have no escape. Until I realize a small opening to the outside. I then lash out at my dad with a kick and shoot the two men running towards me. One falls one the ground and lays still. The other starts limping towards me. I shoot at his leg and he cripples down. I then push against the opening in the train car. It slams open as the chains rattle. I look behind me and see my dad looking at me with sadness.

"Katie. Please." He says reaching out to me.

I snarl and break through the chains with the silver blade. I then throw the blade backwards and jump. As I was flying through the air I made a few mistakes. My first mistake was jumping. My second was jumping out of a train car that's going a 130 mph. My third was letting my dad live. He is going to come back. He is going to never stop looking for me. Those were my last thoughts as I land in a never ending abyss of darkness.

//AUTHORS NOTE://

Hey y'all!
It's ethan (the_dead_inside_me) here and I hope you guys are enjoying my story. I really love writing this because you guys are actually enjoying it! If you make covers and would make me one it would be a honor if you would! It's ok if you can't! But remember feedback in the comments is always appreciated! Please vote for my story if you enjoy! I love everyone who comments feedback it's always so constructive. I dedicate this chapter to two of the best writers ever:

HaleyDana

kriswart

Both of them are so under appreciated, for the great writers they are!

Thanks everyone!

//END OF AUTHORS NOTE://