Ella's POV

I got to camp and went over to the place that Blake and I normally go. I know what you are thinking. Yes, Blake isn't here today but I went over to the spot to just start my camp day. I pulled out the book "The perks of being a Wallflower" by Stephen Choboski. The main character Charlie reminds me a lot like me. Charlie is a social outcast that has a hard time fitting in. Well if a book character could be me Charlie would be me. Anyway, I sat in the corner alone when all of my friends went off elsewhere. When I don't have a friend to be around,  books can be my best friend.  

             I'd been reading for 20 minutes when the counselors called us for camper morning game. I put the book down and headed to the floor under the hoop. 

           "Today's game is four-team capture the flag,"  She announced excitedly. 

           Crap! I did not need to feel even more invisible than I already feel like. Nobody ever sees me during this game. Which could be good unless every single time that you get put on the team they all groan. I wish Blake was here. He'd understand everything that I'm going through. 

              We got in place and the whistle blew to start the game. I walked into blue teams territory and just stood there with my golden yellow shirt on. I feel like a traffic cone that is just waiting to get run over by a car. And sure enough, a group of boys came toward me and didn't look where they were going and they slammed right into me knocking me over. Again, just my luck. 

             The game finally ended after twenty grueling minutes of pain and suffering. I was never so happy to just get off of the gym floor and back to my book. Wait, I always am willing to leave the gym floor for a book. I would probably end up taking a book to the eighth-grade dance and prom. All my friends actually say that. I picked up "The Perks of being a Wallflower" again and started to read only to realize that Matt was over at the other end of the gym giving me a stare that almost said "I'm going to kill you now". I'm really scared because I am alone without any friends (especially Blake) and Matt is looking like I am a lamb and he is a lion that is ready to pounce on his prey. My goal is to stay alive without getting the shit beat out of me all day. Also to avoid Matt as much as possible. Avoid eye contact, and whatever I do NO SPEAKING TO HIM!