Chapter One - Winter Fair Poster.

"Hey Gerald! Come here!" Arnold shouted in excitement as he looked up at the poster hanging off the cafe door. Gerald walked up and looked up at the poster.

"Winter Fair?" He said in a less amused tone. He looked at Arnold as he already knew what Arnold was planning "Arnold? Your asking if you think Lila would like to go to the fair with you aren't you?"

Arnold rubbed the back of his neck as he blushed and grinned as he spoke awkwardly "Y-yeah I want to".

He was expecting Gerald to smile and say "Go for it buddy!" But Gerald rolled his eyes and sighed "Arnold, don't you remember what happened last time when she went to the cheese festival with you?"

The cheese festival. How could he possibly forget that night? The disasters that happened around and ever corner and yet Lila seemed to love the time she spent. And yet, she still only liked him as a friend even after he saved her from the Tunnel of Love.

Arnold replied "She had a fantastic time Gerald. And do you know what she said? She said that she really, really likes me!"

"But does NOT like you like you" Gerald corrected putting emphasise on the word not.

"True but she said there's hope!" Arnold replied gleefully.

Gerald chuckled "Ok, if you want your relationship to improve then you need a plan!" He said while smiling and clicking his fingers.

"A plan?" Arnold asked in curiosity.

"Yeah" Gerald said as he placed his hand in Arnold's shoulder "A plan! I know Lila is already planning on going to the Winter Fair so you could "accidentally" bump into her and then see where it goes from there!".

They began to walk closer to the cafe door as the bell for lunch time went off. Arnold replied "That could work. Where would I be without you Gerald?" He smirked.

"Same here, buddy" Gerald replied as they twiddled their thumbs together before entering the busy cafe.