Chapter Seven - A Bumpy Road ahead.

Sid, Harold and Stinky both walked into the fair, huge grins on their faces. Sid walked while rubbing his hands together, Harold snickered while carrying a bucket which was covered with a blanket as the water inside swished and splashed. Stinky carried a net in.

Sid snatched it off him and threw it away. Stinky glared "Hey! What the heck Sid?"

Sid replied "They'll know the plan if you carry that around!"

Stinky scratched his head and followed onwards.

Meanwhile, Lila, Helga and Arnold were waiting in line. Helga noticed that each cart could only could hold 2 people maximum. She was starting to get worried that Arnold will ask Lila to go in the same cart as him meaning Helga would have to go on her own and the first part of her plan would be ruined.

Lila looked at Helga starring at the bumper cars. Even though it wasn't clear, she could read Helga like a book.

"It's ok Helga" she said smiling and placing her hand on top of hers.

"Huh?" Helga said shaking her head while bouncing back to reality.

Lila smiled "I can tell you don't like going in the cars on your own but that's Ok, you don't have to"

Helga raised one eyebrow in confusion while Lila continued "I know you and Arnold like hitting others with the carts but I do think it's ever so mean. So if you and Arnold want to go in a cart together to do that then I'll go in another one by myself, it's no big deal"

Arnold blinked but Helga smiled. Yes! The plan is still coming along great! Helga smiled "Uh...thank you"

Lila smiled as they were up next to go. Lila turned to them with a slight worried look "Oh but can you promise me something?"

Helga and Arnold looked at her while she said "Don't bump into my cart, whichever one is driving"

They nodded as they walked over to the one beside her.

Helga opened the cart door and smiled at Arnold "Do you want to drive, Football head?"

Arnold smiled "Really Helga? I thought you wanted to drive?"

Helga shook her hand "Nah, we can always come back to this ride. Plus I want to see what your made of, Arnoldo!"

Arnold nodded before jumping in the drivers seat. Helga sat next to them while smirking.

"Anytime we go behind Lila, I'll slam my foot on the speed peddle and we'll slam right into Lila!"

The guard pushed the lever to activate all the carts as everyone started driving. Loads of people drove slamming right into each other and either laughing their heads or getting really offended and wanting to take revenge.

Arnold slammed into people but Helga was much to occupied keeping an eye on where Lila was. She smirked and said "Hey Football head! Drive over there, there's some people we haven't slammed into yet"

Arnold did as Helga wished - mainly because he was worried about what Helga might do if he didn't.

He drove over until they found themselves behind Lila.

Helga cackled. This was her chance. She lifted her foot and slammed it right on top of Arnold's foot which was on the speed peddle. He winced in pain as Helga's foot kept his practically glued to the peddle.

They zoomed straight until the cart whammies right into Lila. She screamed in fright as her cart whizzed round and round until another cart knocked into hers. Making it stop. Her face was pale and looked as if she was about to be sick.

Unfortunately, this made her an easy target for others as she got hit by two other cars.

She tried to drive off but her cart wouldn't move. At first she was frightened that it could be because the cart was broken but she sighed in relief when she realised all the other carts had stopped. Everyone's turn was over.

She sprinted out her cart to the nearest bin. Arnold shouted after her "Lila!!"

Helga felt a smirk but covered it up as Arnold glared at her "Why did you do that?"

Helga spat "Geez, Arnold! It was an accident!"

He continued "You held my foot down"

She got up in his face "I didn't know it was her!"

They both for out as they ran over to Lila who was out of the bin as she wiped her mouth.

She looked at Arnold with a face of confusion and hurt.

Arnold bit his lip as he sighed "I-I'm sorry Lila. The cart-"

Lila cut him off "Arnold, it's ok"

She smiled at him to let him know that all was forgiven. Helga smiled to herself as she said "Ok, where to next?"

Lila smiled "How about the Spin Wheel? Me and Arnold went on it at the Cheese Festival. It's a slow ride so I should be fine"

Helga smirked "Ok! Let's go!"

They all linked arms again as Helga smiled while thinking-

"The plan has begun!"