Chapter Two - The Plan.

It was a typical lunchtime. Rhonda, Nadine and Lila sat on one table discussing fashion. Nadine looking bored as Rhonda blabbed on about her new rabbit made scarf. Lila being polite by saying how "ever so lovely" it looked but was sad inside as to the scarf being made from a poor rabbit.

Harold and Stinky had a competition to see how many fries they could stuff in their mouth while Sid was their witness. Stinky soon coughed after placing the 21st fry in his mouth and spat all his fries out onto the plate. Sid screeched "The winner! 27 fries!" As he raised Harold's arm in victory. Stinky pouted "Oh hot dang!" Harold swallowed the fries as he laughed "Ha! You owe me a Mr Fudgy after school!" As he high fived Sid.

Everyone else chatting to themselves.

Grabbing burgers and fries were Arnold and Gerald still in the topic of getting Lilas attention.

"So, I take another girl to the fair and when Lila sees, she will go green with envy?" Arnold said confessed while grabbing the green wobbly jelly.

"That's right buddy! It's the ultimate heart breaker plan!" Gerald said while winking at Arnold and clicking his thumb.

"I-I don't know Gerald" Arnold stuttered "It seems really mean just to use another girl which I only like to get another girl who I actually like like".

Gerald shook his head while putting his hand on Arnold's shoulder "Arnold, who cares?".

Arnold replied "It's just what if the other girl finds out the reason I asked her to the fair and gets mad? If it's someone I am close with, I could lose a friend?".

Gerald rolled his eyes "She is your friend! I'm sure she'll understand!".

Arnold replied "Or...or what if that girl thinks I like her like her and she develops a crush on me?".

Gerald laughed "Buddy, don't go thinking your hot stuff" Arnold rolled his eyes as they walked over to their table and placed their tray on the table. They sat and tucked into their burgers and fries.

As they finished off their last fries Gerald turned around with a mouth full of food "So who's it gonna be Arnold?".

Arnold shrugged his shoulders "I don't know" he looked down at his food before looking back up "What about Phoebe?".

Gerald stopped chewing and swallowed his food before glaring at Arnold "I'd advise not to".

"Why?" Arnold asked.

"Just because" Gerald shrugged before stuffing the last of his fries in his mouth.

Arnold smiled knowing the reason as he brushed it off "Ok...Sheena?".

Gerald shook his head "No offence but that just won't look right".

Arnold agreed "I guess so. What about Rhonda?".

Gerald scoffed "Yeah, like she would agree to go on a date with you".

Arnold replied "Gee, thanks".

Gerald swallowed his food "What about Nadine?".

Arnold shook his head "No, I don't want to do that to her".

They got up and carried their tray to the cleaning area as Gerald said in a stern tone "Arnold, you will be treating the girl like that anyway. C'mon buddy! We need to decide! Time is against us!" Gerald pointed at the clock which read 1:56pm...4 minutes til lesson.

Arnold sighed "I know! I know! But we're running out of ideas! Who else is there left?".

Suddenly, stomping feet came closer behind them as they heard a tell "Are you morons waiting for Xmas or are you done cleaning your tray?!".

They both turned around to see a rather annoyed Helga Pataki standing with her tray.

"Sorry Helga" Arnold replied "We're finished now" He and Gerald moved out the way.

"Huh! About time! If you take 20 seconds longer next time then I will force you to move along! Got it, Bucko?".

She then threw her dirty cutlery in the sink which caused a rather large splash of dirty water to land on Arnold and Gerald. They glared back at her as Helga cackled as she screeched "See you around, Football head!" And disappeared.

They grabbed the towel and wiped their sweaters and hair as Gerald grumbled "Man, that Helga Pataki jut gets on my nerves".

"Your right Gerald" Arnold said angrily.

Suddenly, Gerald smiled with narrowed eyes as he said "Hmm, you know what buddy? I think I know exactly who you should take!".

Arnold looked up at him as their direction of eyes looked towards Helga. Arnold said "I don't know Gerald. Helga is still my friend and I wouldn't want to use her like that". Plus the fact she will kill me".

Gerald looked at him sternly as he placed a firm grip on Arnold's shoulder "Arnold, Helga has been annoying you since Kindergarten! This is the least she deserves".

Arnold thought for a moment. Helga was his friend. Sure she was mean and all, but deep done, Arnold knew she was a nice and caring person.

But then he thought of some of the mean things she did to him...

"April Fool's day, Bucko!"
"Move aside, Moron!"
"Crimeny! Stupid Football head!"
"...Football Head!..."

That was it! He shook his head as he looked at Gerald dead in the eye.

"Your right Gerald! I'm gonna ask her!".

Gerald nodded as they cleaned up as the bell went for last lesson, Arnold thinking on how he will ask Helga on a fake date.