Chapter Twelve - I Still Like You.

Arnold sat by himself at a table. He had a hot chocolate in his hands with whipped cream and mini ginger bread men. He sighed sadly as he caught up in his thoughts-

"Great. Now Lila hates me! And it's all Helga's fault! Now Lila will never talk to me again. But...I understand why Helga got upset, she knew all along about this plan and the way I treated her...really wasn't cool"

Lila looked left and right through the fair. She yelled over the loud crowds "Arnold?! Arnold?!"

"Where is he?" She said to herself.

Suddenly, she spotted a little blue hat on top of a blonde spiky head sitting at a table near the Hot Winter Treat Mini Truck.

She smiled as she walked towards him.

He sighed again "What am I going to do?"

"Hello Arnold" came a sweet voice from behind him which made him jump. He turned around as he gasped-

"Lila? What are you doing here?"

Lila giggled "I'm oh so certain I've been looking for you, Arnold"

Arnold blinked as he stuttered "You...you did?"

Lila replied "Well of course. Oh! That looks like an ever so delicious hot chocolate. I'll grab one and then sit down"

Arnold quickly spoke "Wait! I-I'll buy you one"

Lila smiled "Thank you Arnold, that's ever so sweet but you don't need too" she then walked up to the truck and ordered the drink. She carried it over while blowing on the top to cool it slightly before taking a sip and licking the cream off her top lip.

Arnold said "I would've bought it for you, after all, I owe you"

Lila placed her cup back down "What ever for?"

Arnold looked down as he rubbed his neck "About everything that happened today...I want to say sorry for everything"

Lila looked at him with sympathy "Arnold, I completely accept. And anyway, Helga told me everything"

Arnold blinked back as he looked at her "Helga?"

Lila nodded "She told me how none of it was your fault and that it was her's. She apologised to me and she is sorry, Arnold"

Arnold looked away "Gee, I feel bad for yelling at her"

Lila smiled as she looked into his eyes "I'm really happy that you didn't do all that stuff and I hope you forgive me as well for not giving you a chance"

He smiled back "Of course, Lila"

Lila placed her hand on top of Arnold's, shivers were sent down his spine as she smiled "I am really glad you told me the truth, Arnold and dealt with this situation so well"

Arnold smiled brightly as he felt himself getting lost in her eyes.

But soon, her smile fades away as she removed her hand and looked away "However, Helga also told me about your plan you was going to do and that disappointed me Arnold as I thought you were better than that"

Arnold sighed as he stood up "I know, I feel so bad"

Lila finished her drink before throwing it in the bin. She smiled at Arnold before saying "I think you should talk things out with her. Deep down, she does like you. I have to go now as my father will be wondering where I am. Thank you for an oh so amazing time Arnold. See you at school"

They waved at each other before Lila disappeared.

Arnold smiled. He felt so much better after talking to Lila and now he knew what he had to do. So he looked left and right while running through the fair. There was only one person he wanted to talk to right now;

And that was Helga.