Unexpected Surprises

"This is so cool! I can't believe we get to have a mission together! And it's your first one too!" Danny is practically bouncing in his seat, holding tight to the tan mission file in his hands."This is going to be so great!" 

"Yeah, great." Yumi's face is pale and she feels like she's about to throw up. She turns to the Dark Magician. "I don't think I can do this."

"Yes you can," he assures her.

"Yeah, you can totally do it!" Danny agrees. He watches the Dark Magician with eyes wide in awe. His appearance a few moments before contributes to his energetic buzz.

"It's just a grab and go mission Yumi. Get over it already," Mika rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. She clearly didn't share the same enthusiasm Danny did to have a mission with Yumi, while Pierce does his best to look neutral on the situation. Truthfully he looks more uncomfortable to be in the room than anything. "We're only here because the big guys want us to get along."

"Sure, so let's just put us all in a life threatening situation together," Yumi grumbles. She doesn't like that her life as well as the lives of the Duel Monsters are partly dependent on one girl who tried to kill her and a boy who acts awkwardly around her. The only up side is that Danny is coming along with them. At least she can count on him.

"It's going to be okay Yumi," Gravekeeper's Spy reassures her once more, physically appearing beside Dark Magician. "We will be here with you the entire time."

"Do they always appear whenever they want?" Pierce asks curiously.

Yumi shrugs. "Usually its in spirit form but they can appear whenever they want really."

"They better not screw up this mission by doing that," Mika remarks.

"I can assure you that none of us will compromise your mission," Dark Magician replied coldly.

Mika shakes her head.

Their mission sounds simple enough. There is a suitcase of information containing the names of other people infected who are 'agents' of different defense programs, their powers, and their last known address. As it turns out, when a person is inducted their names are changed and appearance altered to help keep their families safe from anyone wishing to harm them. It explains the changes Mika and Pierce went through. Now they have to infiltrate this building where the hand over is being made and get the suitcase before the buyer does. 

An older woman in a black suit enters the community room  "The transport car is ready."

The Duel Monsters disappear and the group makes their way to the transport door at the end of a maze of hallways. The white sign on the metal doors reads: Transport: Authorized Personal Only.

Yumi squints under the fluorescent lights of the massive parking garage. Twenty or more vehicles in various styles and types fill the concrete space. A black S.U.V. sits running mere feet away. It's tinted windows and space seems like a decent enough thing to use.

Pierce takes his place behind the wheel, Mika next to him in the passenger seat with Yumi and Danny in the back seat. They don't take any real equipment with them except some routine stuff that are loaded up in every vehicle in the parking garage. Yumi isn't too sure what kind of stuff would be considered as routine, but she's not worried about that at the moment.

She glances up at the large garage door. Anticipation starts to rise with door as it lifts up letting in unfiltered glorious light. It's so bright and beautiful. Pierce pulls forward and away they go.

Yumi looks around in wonder at the lush grass lining the pavement path leading away from the building. How long has it been since she's been outside? Way too long.