End Game

It all comes down to this. The final move. If she doesn't end this now the whole world is going to suffer at the hands of Exodia! But how?! What kind of Duel Monster can beat the unstoppable monster of Duel Monsters?

"Yumi!" Dark Magician Girl and the Dark Magician both suddenly appear beside her. "What can we do, even together we can't be an Exodia's power!"

"You'll never win!" The Copycat declares. "Finally the world will fall at my feet! Acknowledge my greatness! Never again will I lose! All those who stand in my way will be obliterated!"

He's fallen insane, completely drunk on power. Her heart races, mind whirling at miles a minute. It's a game, just a game in need of a great strategy. She's usually really good at spotting and out-maneuvering those. Come on Yumi, think.

To say she directly brings the three cards to her hand is up for debate, but regardless, the three legendary god cards themselves find their way to her hands. She stares wide-eyed at the cards, realizing only the power of the gods could overcome the power of this fake Exodia.

"Please," she begs. "I don't know what more worthy of a cause there is than saving the world, but you have to help me. He's going to try and take over the world, forever ruin Duel Monsters, and who knows how many people are going to die in the process. I need your help, so please..."

The cards glow, soft at first, then build up in intensity. A victorious smirk finds its way to her lips as she feels the power of the gods flow through her.

All at once the other Duel Monsters, copy and real alike, stop to stare up at the sky above as she holds the three cards up high above her head.

"I summon you to help save the world! The great and powerful, Egyptian God Cards!"

"No!" The Copycat cries out. "I tried time and time again and they wouldn't come out! I didn't think it was possible!"

"Only when the time is right," Yumi informs him. "So in your face!"

A blast of golden light shoots from the cards in her hand and up into the sky. It extends out to the space around them, shoving back everyone else but Yumi, the Copycat, and his Exodia.

Then in a dazzling display of lightning, they descend from the sky like the gods they are. Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor, and the Winged god of Ra.

In true duelist fashion, Yumi plants her feet firm and confident. With eyes shinning she points over to the Copycat and shouts out her showdown declaration. "This is it Copycat, I don't care what it takes, I'm stopping you here and now!"

"No! I wont go out like this!" He screams. "Exodia, destroy them!"

Without question, the copy Exodia brings his hands close together and gathers the energy needed in the space between them. The nearly blinding light does nothing to faze the gods.

Yumi squints at the sight, knowing what she has to do. "Egyptian gods, counter his attack! Give it everything you got!"

The gods respond without wasting a beat. Slifer opens his mouth with a mighty roar before the three of them initiate their counter attack.

When the time is right, Yumi shouts out. "Duel!"

"Attack!" The Copycat shouts in return.

All of the monsters release their energy upon each other. When they hit, there's a blinding white flash. A boom. A collision so strong that it feels like it shakes the entire Earth. All Duel Monsters, real and fake, disappear in a series of flashes and screams.

Everyone runs to take cover, to avoid getting caught up the blast as it ricochets everywhere when they collide.

At the center of it all, ground zero, Yumi stands there bathed in the white light. There's nothing, no sound of the chaos going on around them. No destruction to be seen. It's just white. It's eerie.

A moment passes by. She hopes they'll call this her second finest moment ever.

Suddenly, she becomes aware she's not alone. The Copycat trembles on his knees not too far away. He starts screaming in agony; his body is crumbling. He's slowly turning into golden dust, and nothing can stop it.

Horror rises up her throat. "I-I'm sorry!" She chokes out.

Suddenly, the Dark Magician appears by her side again, placing his hand on her shoulder. "It's time to go, Yumi."

"Go?" She repeats in confusion.

He nods. "It is time to return home."

Then it stops.

The light just disappears as if someone hit a switch, and they're all gone. The mansion is gone, now a large crater in the earth from the impact of the blast. There are survivors, sure, but at this points it's unclear just how many there are.

Voices ring out into the still quiet air, desperately searching, calling a name that may never again receive an answer.