Time to Duel!

Yumi taps her fingers on the metal table, patience is a virtue she has...sometimes. She sits back and crosses her arms, "What's taking Danny so long? For a guy who can teleport, he sure is taking his time."

"Are you okay Yumi? You aren't normally this anxious?" Dark Magician Girl asks with worry very apparent in her features.

Yumi sighs, "I-I'm not sure."  She moves to run a hand through her hair and gasps. She jumps to her feet and moves towards the two way mirror. Her face pales when she sees her reflection. "What did they do to my hair?!"

At that moment, the door opens and Danny entered the room smiling brightly. Yumi turns to him. "Hey Ra-"

"Danny! What did you guys do to my hair!" Yumi exclaims. 

Danny jumps back in surprise. "Th-The fire, it got to your wig which got to your hair and...they kind of had to cut off the charred pieces of your hair and someone styled it and that's how it got that way."

A pained noise escapes Yumi's lips as she turns to look back at her reflection. "It's so short! Now I really do look like a boy!"

"I kind of like it," Moon Envoy comments. That only makes Yumi groan at her new look.

"Its not that bad," Danny tells her. "Tell you what! What if I make it up to you with a gift!"

Yumi turns and looks at him curiously. "What is it?"

Danny smiles widely and hands her the blue leather belt from her Yugi cosplay complete with an attached holder for her cards. "Cara meant for you to have this for the fight but you had her so frazzled she forgot. I've never seen her so surprised before!."

"Thank you!" With a bit too much excitement, Yumi wraps the double belt around her waist. Depsite the wrinkling of the excess fabric, Yumi can't be more excited. "This is great! This...do I really have to fight?"

"Yup," Danny replies with a nervous smile. "But don't think of it as a fight, think of it as a talent show so that the black suits know where to place you for division training." 

Yumi set her box down and looks at it with fear in her eyes. She feels a hand on her shoulder and looks up to see the Dark Magician. "Yumi, as duel monster spirits we are meant to duel. We're here for you."

Looking around her, Yumi sees the duel monster spirits nod in agreement. Happy tears fill her eyes. Determination ignites like a fire in her heart. "Okay! Let's do it!"

A gold light fills the box and forty cards fly out and form a neat pile next to it. Danny's eyes widened. "Wha- your cards! They just-! How did you do that!"

"The duel monsters decided who would go that showcase thing with me." Yumi replies as she tucked the cards in her belt. She picked up her box. "Okay, let's go. Cara said we have ten minutes till this this fight thing."

"Right!" Danny leads her down the maze of corridors. "I still can't believe they chose me to be your big brother! Usually girls get big sisters, but there aren't many female duelers so I guess it makes sense, but wow! I mean, at first I thought you were a boy when I saw you on tv, but then I rescued you! And wow! Oh man, wait! Can I see your cards?!" 

 Yumi looks over at him curiously. "You want to see...my cards?"

"Well, yeah!" Danny replies with a laugh. "What else would I want to see?"

She shrugs. "I don't know, I guess I assumed you wanted to see my powers."

"I've seen those, but I really care about your cards," Danny confesses. "I haven't actually seen any yu-gi-oh cards since I was recruited."