Interrogation Time

Four weeks pass and Raven flourishes in her new world.

"I can't wait for this new Dragon Dueling tournament! We have secured the Atlantic City Convention since a finalist is likely to have dragons in their deck." Pegasus boasts happily as he closes the door and sits next to Raven on her left side.

Raven readjusts the Yugi wig on her head and chuckles. "You don't say?"

"Joke all you want, but we don't want to have another incident like last time," Pegasus teases.

Raven crosses her arms. "I told Stardust to be gentle with his attacks; he just got a little...excited."

Pegasus waves his hand dismissively, "It doesn't matter anyway. Your idea for going to that children's hospital on Thanksgiving was absolutely fabulous! Konami stocks and sales have never been higher and the public just ate the story up. Morale for powered people have never been higher!"

Raven smiles. "The kids were so happy to see the Duel Monsters."  She looks out at the flurries flying around outside the moving vehicle. "Any word on my family?"

"Which one?" Pegasus asks.

She looks at him sadly, "Either one."

Pegasus gives her a sincere expression, which doesn't happen often. "Nothing on either. We have the best of the best searching and they won't stop till they find something."

Raven sighs. "I figured that would be the case." She looks back out at the falling snow. "I hope they don't cancel the tournament."

"Cancel the Yugioh Extravaganza?!" Pegasus replies in horror. "Never!"

The car turns the corner and the massive Convention center comes to view.  A massive crowd has gathered outside the building holding neon signs with words of welcome.

"Ah! The welcoming crowd just keeps getting larger every time," Pegasus muses with his signature chuckle.

Raven looks down and clips the leather cuff on her cosplay into place, "And they all wait for-"

Crash! A car slams into their side. Raven can feel a buzzing sensation rush through the air as they lurch forward. The car accelerates and slams into a billboard just across from the convention center with the right side of its body. She can hear screaming in the distance as the other car screeches to a halt somewhere on their left. Flames burst from the engine keeping the people at a distance. Raven looks at the driver's slumped form and then over at Pegasus. Blood streaks down the left side of his face and the cracked car window.

Raven tries to move her right hand and sucks in a breath at the pain she experiences. She looks down in shock at the bloody mess that is the right side of her body. The chair in front of her has her leg pinned down and the crushed car door has her arm stuck tight. Using her left hand she digs into her bag sitting next to her all too aware of the flames. Fog threatens to drag her down to the abyss as she quickly draws out two duel monsters and summons them with her remaining strength.

Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior appears with Gadget Soldier. Garoth is a muscular man in white armor lined with gold. Gadget Soldier is an equally ripped silver cyborg with massive gold gears around his left shoulder and on his back. "Yumi!" they both cry.

"Don't worry about me! Get the other two out!" She shouts. Both being soldiers, they don't question her commands and do as they're instructed. They rip off the doors and free the men from their seatbelts. Gently, yet with haste, they pick them up and run them across the street.

The flames erupt and take over the front seats of the car. Beads of sweat rain down Yumi's face. She clutches the bag next to her, flame beats paper everytime... Her eyes dart to the two duel monsters, not knowing what will happen to them if their cards get destroyed when they're summoned. The flames surround her, but dont seem to touch her. The Dark Magician and Dark Magician girl appear in their spirit form in front and beside her. Their wands are glowing, holding back the flames.