Ready, Set, Recovery

"No," Ben instantly shoots her down. "You need to rest and regain your strength."

"But-" Yumi tries to protest, but Ben is already two steps ahead of her.

"No," he repeats again.

A rise in whispers from the distance grabs their attention, alerting them to the crowd that has gathered at some point during all of this. Yumi's cheeks burn bright red as she's not sure how long the other teens have been there. However, a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach starts to form when she becomes aware of how many fearful stares are aiming at her. The sight makes her want to cry again.

Ben's eyes flick from Yumi to the crowd she's staring at with a distraught expression. "Danny, get Yumi to your room. I'll meet you there in a sec. Don't let anyone come in, okay?"

"Got it." Danny takes a hold of Yumi's hands and the world jerks forward. When it flicks back into place she's in a room just like hers, only this one isn't completely destroyed. 

Danny helps her rise to her feet and guides her to his bed. "Don't worry, they cleaned the sheets this morning."

Yumi rolls her eyes and sits down. Dirty sheets are the least of her concerns right now.

"It looks like he did a lot of damage."

"I don't care about the building," Danny confesses, sitting down beside her. "I care about what he did to you."

Yumi shrugs. "Doesn't matter."

"It totally does!" He instantly protests. "How could you-"

"I don't want to talk about it!" She snaps at him with tears threatening to spill over. She quickly looks away, wrapping her arms around herself. "...Sorry."

Suddenly, his arms around her and he's pulling within his comforting embrace. "It's okay. We don't have to talk about it."

His actions catch her off guard and the relief of being among friends is almost harder to bear than the fear she felt before. She quickly buries her head in his chest as the tears come rushing forth again in a seemingly endless downpour of fear and relief.

If and when Ben came in, she didn't know, because thing she knows she finds herself waking up from an unexpected period of sleep.

The strange feel of the soft comforter around her and the soft beep of a heart monitor falling onto her ears are the first indicators that something is wrong. So she forces her mind to resist the call to fall back asleep and opens her eyes to find out what's going on.

Dim lighting fills the space, revealing not another soul to be found in the familiar white walled room. She runs her hand over the fabric, surprised to find a blanket like this in here. The medical bed blankets are never this nice. Is this a gift from Danny?

Thinking of which, where did he go? And how did she get back to the medical wing? She might as well just move in, she ends up in the room so much. That's when she spots a large laminated sign across the room reading: Yumi's Unofficial/Official Recovery Bed. Well...that works too. 

Yumi slowly pushes herself up to a sitting position, not even wanting to know how long she has been sleeping for. Her whole body aches, giving her the idea that it's definitely been a handful of hours stuck in the same position.

She lifts her arm to rub her neck, but stops when the dangling tube attached to her arm catches her eye. Oh crap. It may have been more than hours.

Suddenly, the hues of white are suddenly illuminated by the soft glow of a spirit taking shape. The shinning purple of the Dark Magician's armor are the first she notices, instantly followed by noting the pained and grief-stricken expression he wears. He isn't the only one to form either: Dark Magician Girl, Moon Envoy, Lady Panther, and so many others appear with nearly identical expressions.